• 3 weeks later...

With the latest update to the Windows app, there has been a formatting change which has been applied to all checklists to put additional space between the listed items, which was not listed as a change in the release note. I am not in favor of this format change, as it makes the lists longer than I'd like; if some people preferred to have additional spaces, I would prefer that this be an option allowing greater spacing between items. 

Anyone else who would like the old formatting or at least the option to revert back to it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, does anyone from EveryNote actually respond to these threads?!?

Seems like a lot of people complaining about something that should never have been "fixed" (which I completely agree with!) but no response from EverNote.

Seriously guys, why would you add additional space between check boxes to take up more space when the point of your App is to stay organized?!? Clear, concise, and compact lists to collect notes should be your M.O....

I echo the sentiments of others; additional white space–on screen or when printing–is a complete waste of time and paper. For folks that would like this "feature" they can simply add an additional carriage return between lines themselves. 

• Like 1

I detest this update and am annoyed in the extreme that Evernote sees fit to mess around with perfectly good and functional interfaces instead of putting their engineers to work on way more pressing issues that should take priority.

Unwanted changes and useless features are one of the reasons I procrastinate on updating apps. I only updated to the current version of Evernote in an effort to fix yet another preexisting glitch with Evernote login.

I use checkbox lists every day and the extra spacing is distracting and, as noted by awcho70, makes lists long and unwieldy.

Does anyone have a workaround to revert to single spacing?

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 please bring back single-spaced checklists.

We are using evernote to keep track of our lists - there is absolutely not requirement of large white space anywhere.

• 1 month later...

Second this. This feature is really annoying. Can we have the single-line checkboxes back? Seriously I feel like discontinuing using Evernote because of this issue...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This issue makes it really difficult for me to manage my ever-changing lists. I have started using my own symbols in place of checkboxes to avoid the extra space between lines. Can we have the option to at least disable this formatting style? I re-arrange items on my task lists as priorities change, and I find it difficult to visually separate where one task ends and another begins.