Installer/Unistaller Broken when installed on D:\

I have a smaller SSD for my windows drive and a TB HDD as a second drive for data. I have evernote installed on the D drive. 

I went to install the most recent update and received the error message "could not access network location '*.\program files (x86)\Evernote'"

So I went to uninstall and reinstall and you guessed it!! I got the same message!

Im at wits end with evernote. you guys are failing and flailing and its infuriating for someone who depends on your service. Now I'm going to have to delete the program files and comb through the registry to delete everything related to evernote and hope it works when I try to reinstall. 

It sounds as though the MSI installer was deleted. If the MSI is deleted from \Windows\Installer, Windows cannot uninstall a program. At that point, you need to use the original installer so MSI can run a repair operation.

I guess not...

I just installed an older version (via the custom options in the install) to "d:\Program files ..." (same path as c, but on d.) I then changed my database path (before logging in) to d:\data. Signed in. Waited for sync (actually, I only waited for about 1/2 my notes to sync). Ran upgrade. New version is still installed on my D drive.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:15 AM, CalS said:

Not nice.

Huh. All their messages are gone except the OP... I really was trying to help... (I exclusively worked on installers for 3 years before joining Evernote so I rather aware of the "fun" MSI can be!)

Archived