Default note alignment

Hi there!

I've been using EN for a while now, basically enjoying any moment, but there is an issue I just can't find a solution to. I want to set the default alignment of new notes to the right (instead of left, as it is by default), as I write and work in Hebrew. I've looked through all the related settings and also searched this forum and haven't found anything relevant. Is there something I am missing or is there just no option to do that?

Thanks a lot!

Jonathan

• Level 5*

Hi.  There are no 'official' options that I'm aware of.  One work-around might be to create a note with right-justified 'holding' text.  Save it to your notebook and export that note to an ENEX  file on your desktop.  Now,  when you double-click that template file a new note will be created in Evernote.

There's a feature in development at the moment to include a templates option in the new note process.  If/ when that is released you'll be able to choose your 'right-align' template from the new note dialogue.

• Level 5

Hi, Jonathan, and welcome to the forums! Unfortunately, Evernote's support for right-to-left languages, on all platforms AFAIK, has disappeared in recent years. At any rate, both this forum and the Android forum have had multiple complaints about it. Though I rarely need it myself, it's one of my biggest complaints about prioritizing of features, considering the millions of users and potential users who need it.

Hi @JSK123, it looks like  @gazumped  has a workaround that may wotk for your needs.  

Also, duplicating a note that has been formatted to your required style needs is another workaround.  Once a note has been duplicated carefully clear the old text and begin the new note.  The title of the note will remain left margin aligned until Ean addresses this issue.

Archived