Brandobean

Can;t get Siri Shortcuts to show me a specific note

I can't get Siri shortcuts to do the single most basic obvious thing I'd imagine anyone would want to do: Show me a specific note when I say a Specific phrase. I created a new shortcut and chose "Get Note" with the name "financial info" which contains reference info I need to see a lot. I set up a Siri phrase "Show me my financial info". I verified that the script correctly finds the note by pressing the TRIANGLE PLAY BUTTOn to run the script.

But when I invoke the shortcut from Siri it just says" OK" and doesn't launch evernote or show me the selected note. WHat am I doing wrong?

Me too. You’d think the Get Note and Append to Note Shortcuts would at least open Evernote. I even tried adding a step to Open an App: Evernote with no luck. We have to missing something obvious.  

I tried to do the same thing, and did find a solution. You have to use “get note” to specify the note you wish to open, then pass the result into  “get note link”, check use in app link, and pass that into “open URLs”. Hope this helped

I can’t get any of them to do anything except create a note when I want it to get a note. I’m at the end of my patience with Evernote. Get it together or sell to someone who can. 

You folks need to understand that Siri Shortcuts does not open Evernote for you.
This command would be    Hey Siri Launch Evernote

Yes, Siri Shortcuts can access Evernote, and get a note for processing by the script

You may find this article to be useful.  It uses siri integration into evernote instead of the iOS Shortcuts app.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012563688-How-to-use-Siri-with-Evernote

On 10/20/2018 at 4:39 PM, Jphavill said:

I tried to do the same thing, and did find a solution. You have to use “get note” to specify the note you wish to open, then pass the result into  “get note link”, check use in app link, and pass that into “open URLs”. Hope this helped

This worked for me.  Thank-you.