Start/open view

justx001

I really like Evernote and have used/ sub'd the app for some years now. 

Is there ever going to be a time that y'all are going to change or five us the option to change the starting view? I really hate looking at my past few notes, I want to look at my notebook preferably. I mean my memory is not bad enough yet that I need Evernote to show me what I just entered 1 minute ago. Let's be a little real, I love the app for the functionality but y'all's ui kinda sux.

I mean that is some simple code, just show a new start up view that you already have. Please tell me this is on the to do list this year!

• Level 5*
On 9/19/2018 at 6:48 AM, justx001 said:

I want to look at my notebook preferably. 

Evernote has not indicated an interest in alternate initial views.
The initial All-Notebooks / All-Tags Notelist view works for me.

If required, I can switch to Notebook or Tag view.
Mostly, I access Evernote to add a new note
Notebooks and Tags are attributes I assign to a note; that's all

>> I really hate looking at my past few notes,

My default sort sequence is Update Sort
Depending on the platform, you can select different sequence options.

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Mostly, I access Evernote to add a new note
Notebooks and Tags are attributes I assign to a note; that's all

I'm sorry I don't understand how this has to do with the start up view? I assume many users use the tool in the best way for them

I really like Evernote, more so with ifttt. 

With that said I think I'm done and am cancelling my subscription to the product.

I'll move to OneNote for now as it does most of what I need and I don't have to deal with, well ..... OneNote is free so it's less money and as free I have less reasons to complain about stuff. It has a free import utility, https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote

I would keep the sub if y'all put forth any effort, but yeah this is where the company is going.

Best wishes

• Level 5
3 hours ago, justx001 said:

Is there ever going to be a time that y'all are going to change or five us the option to change the starting view? I really hate looking at my past few notes, I want to look at my notebook preferably. I mean my memory is not bad enough yet that I need Evernote to show me what I just entered 1 minute ago. Let's be a little real, I love the app for the functionality but y'all's ui kinda sux.

I mean that is some simple code, just show a new start up view that you already have. Please tell me this is on the to do list this year!

If you're still here, @justx001, check out the options under the View menu. Perhaps one of them would set up your initial view better. It's also possible to sort the Note List in orders other than chronological: in the Note List, to the left of the search bar, click the little down arrow and select Sort notes by.

BTW, this is mainly a user-to-user forum here, and while Evernote staff do look in on it from time to time, it's not a great way of addressing the company directly.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, justx001 said:

If Windows, set the view as you like and then do a File - Exit.  That should be the view you then see when you start EN. 

• Level 5*
On 9/19/2018 at 9:48 AM, justx001 said:

You'll make it easier for other people to help you if you tell us whcih Evernote client you are referring to (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Web). They're all slightly to not-so-slightly different.

Archived