Opening tags from within a note

shadowmoses

Is it possible to visit specific tags through the applied tags visible at the top of each note?

For instance, I have fantasy basketball player notes to which a variety of tags may apply. Among these tags would be one for each respective player's team; "LAL" for the Lakers would be an example. Ideally, when looking at a specific player's note, I would be able to click on this tag and be taken to its list of notes rather than having to search for the tag or locate it within my hierarchy. Using the aforementioned example, when looking at the note titled "LeBron James", I may want to visit the applied "LAL" tag in order to quickly access the player notes for all of his Lakers teammates.

It's a minor thing, but when time is of the essence and/or you would be repeating the same action often, it adds up. If this would not be possible, might there exist a similarly quick option for visiting specific tags? Thanks.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, shadowmoses said:

Is it possible to visit specific tags through the applied tags visible at the top of each note?

For instance, I have fantasy basketball player notes to which a variety of tags may apply. Among these tags would be one for each respective player's team; "LAL" for the Lakers would be an example. Ideally, when looking at a specific player's note, I would be able to click on this tag and be taken to its list of notes rather than having to search for the tag or locate it within my hierarchy. Using the aforementioned example, when looking at the note titled "LeBron James", I may want to visit the applied "LAL" tag in order to quickly access the player notes for all of his Lakers teammates.

It's a minor thing, but when time is of the essence and/or you would be repeating the same action often, it adds up. If this would not be possible, might there exist a similarly quick option for visiting specific tags? Thanks.

In Windows click on the caret to the right of the tag and that will become the search.   Context will be the context when you click the caret, all notes or a specific notebook. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 12:12 AM, CalS said:

In Windows click on the caret to the right of the tag and that will become the search.   Context will be the context when you click the caret, all notes or a specific notebook. 

I understand why it wasn't working now. I must have had one or more tags already applied at the time, so whenever I would click on the caret it would simply add another tag to the group, often leading to no notes being returned.

Thanks!

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎18 at 11:12 PM, CalS said:

I liked this when I first saw it, but now that I'm using it, Wow!  I can't believe I've overlooked that the past so many months.  I've got a lot of relational notes, and now it's just click on/click off to go from big picture to details.  For instance, show all projects of a specific context, now show all notes of a specific project. The only minor drawback X-delete, is a little too close?

• Level 5*
37 minutes ago, Gear64 said:

I liked this when I first saw it, but now that I'm using it, Wow!  I can't believe I've overlooked that the past so many months.  I've got a lot of relational notes, and now it's just click on/click off to go from big picture to details.  For instance, show all projects of a specific context, now show all notes of a specific project. The only minor drawback X-delete, is a little too close?

Shift+left click in the middle of the tag (far away from the x :)) as well as drag-and-drop the tag into the expanded "Search info" area under the search bar, works the same. Those two also works for the tags hiding in the drop down due to lack of space (lacking the caret).

And if you already have a tag or notebook in the context, just press F6 to clear the context before searching if you want to search throughout Evernote.

• Level 5*
On 10/4/2018 at 2:22 AM, gustavgi said:

Yes I have many "database" notes with 100 tags. :)

Just curious about the use case; how does the "database" note work?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Just curious about the use case; how does the "database" note work?

It could be a top 100-list note, the index-pages of a book, pages from special dictionary etc, where a normal search would display a lot of irrelevant notes as well, and where the tags themselves become a database in the tag hierarchy (easily accessible through Ctrl+Q and "Scroll left panel into view").

Archived