annah

Evernote for iOS 8.16 Released

Idea

Hey y'all, 8.16 is now available in the App Store!

New:

• We’ve added support for Siri Shortcuts in iOS 12 to make Evernote even more flexible! You can now create custom voice commands to: view a note, notebook, space, or saved search; create a new camera note or audio note; copy a note link to the clipboard; or print the current note. Whew!

Fixed:

• If you were using split view on iPad, dragging an image into a note would make it scroll to the top, which was super annoying. Now the cursor will stay right where you left it.
  • Somewhere along the way, the app forgot how to save reminders that didn’t have a due date. But now everything is back the way it used to be.
  • We had a security issue where you could see the note list or last note after you reloaded the app, even if the passcode lock was enabled. That was a big fail, but we fixed it.
  • Adding images to a note in a joined notebook would sometimes cause a crash, but no more.

Let us know of any issues and feedback you may have. Thanks! 
  • Like 2

6 replies to this idea

I posted screenshots of Evernote actions in Siri Shortcuts at 

On 9/18/2018 at 8:24 AM, annah said:

Hey y'all, 8.16 is now available in the App Store!

New:

• We’ve added support for Siri Shortcuts in iOS 12 to make Evernote even more flexible! You can now create custom voice commands to: view a note, notebook, space, or saved search; create a new camera note or audio note; copy a note link to the clipboard, or print the current note. Whew!

@annah, I am enjoying the new Siri Shortcuts.  Have not attempted them on my Apple Watch yet.  I am finding the simplicity of use to be very attractive for my business workflow.

I haven’t been using IOS much the last month.  Got on my iPad today to do a few things and was shocked as to how slow it is, compared to releases back.  Took a while to sync, but even after that it took forever to display a note. I had to stop and restart a couple of times after waiting over a minute.  Icon presses didn’t seem to have any effect.  Typing lags were such that it took a good 10 seconds to type 7:30, 4 characters. 

It’s almost like the plumbing got reworked.  Is it just me or others seeing similar issues?

On 10/23/2018 at 5:24 AM, CalS said:

I haven’t been using IOS much the last month.  Got on my iPad today to do a few things and was shocked as to how slow it is, compared to releases back.  Took a while to sync, but even after that it took forever to display a note. I had to stop and restart a couple of times after waiting over a minute.  Icon presses didn’t seem to have any effect.  Typing lags were such that it took a good 10 seconds to type 7:30, 4 characters. 

It’s almost like the plumbing got reworked.  Is it just me or others seeing similar issues?

Same here: s l o w. Need to restart several times.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2018 at 5:23 PM, SVHOODS said:

@annah, I am enjoying the new Siri Shortcuts.  Have not attempted them on my Apple Watch yet.  I am finding the simplicity of use to be very attractive for my business workflow.

SVHOODS, Did you ever attempt to get Evernote's Siri Shortcuts working on your Apple Watch? I noticed in the Shortcuts Gallery that there is a shortcut called "Add New Note from Watch" but it doesn't seem to work. The script/recipe doesn't appear to contain anything that would allow for dictation or access to an Apple Watch. Any experience?