optimize tagging notes

Bluesy

I have to say that I am working with Evernote in German. As everyone else I very often have to add tags to my notes. I do this in a bulk, which meens that I have a lot of notes one after the other that need tagging. So I write into the tagging-box and then have to switch to the next note. In order to do so I have to change the cursor to highlite the next note.

This annoing. Is there any shortcut to get to the next note without loosing the focus on the input box for the tags? It would make my work much faster.

I hope I could make my point clear.

Thank you

Bluesy

• Level 5*

Hi.  In both Windows and Android it's possible to select several notes and apply tags to all of them.  In most (all?) tag fields,  separating tags in one field by commas - <tag1>,<tag2>,<tag3>,<tag4> - will cause Evernote to apply the individual tags to selected notes.  So several standard sets of tags could be stored in a note,  and the required set selected and copy/ pasted into the field.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Bluesy said:

Is there any shortcut to get to the next note without loosing the focus on the input box for the tags? It would make my work much faster.

I also do a mass process of my notes on my Mac
- I run my inbox search and the notes are listed
- As I process each note, it disappears from the note list and I'm automatically advanced to the next note

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Bluesy said:

This annoing. Is there any shortcut to get to the next note without loosing the focus on the input box for the tags?

No way within basic EN.  You could create your own hotkey using a text expander of some sort.  The presses to replicate are:

1. F2 - go to note title
  2. Shift+tab - go to the note list
  3. Down Arrow - go to next note
  4. F2 - go to note title
  5. F3 - go to the tag field

So you could create your own hotkey with the above actions in it and be able to go from tags field on one note to tags field on another.  Personally I use PhraseExpress for repetitive tasks.  FWIW.

Thanks for the answers. I will try it out. The Point of DTLow seems to be a very good one. It is just that my problem concerns Notes that come in handwritten from my Neo smartpen. They go not into the inbox, but into a special Molescine box. I want them to stay there. But let's see if it works with tags.

Bluesy

On 9/13/2018 at 11:01 PM, DTLow said:

I also do a mass process of my notes on my Mac
- I run my inbox search and the notes are listed
- As I process each note, it disappears from the note list and I'm automatically advanced to the next note

This works fine, if you work for instance with the inbox. But no way if you do not want to change the box. Wouldn't it be nice to search for all notes in a certain box that do not have any tags? This does not exist, or does it?

Bluesy

Archived