Does anyone else get content deleted from notes using the web interface if it loses connection?

TingoTango

So, I will be typing into a note, and suddenly the note will go blank and a pop up will appear saying that Evernote has lost its connection; it will then show me my note except it will be missing the last paragraph that I just typed. Like, it preemptively deletes my work because it's not able to synchronise with the server. Does this happen to anyone else? It seems like manifestly awful design to deliberately delete local data because of a connection issue - what were they thinking? Surely the data should be stored in the browser and upload once the connection returns?

• Level 5

Hmm, I don't use the Web interface enough to have experienced this. (I presume that's the interface you're using, rather than a desktop or mobile app.) In the Web interface, I'm not sure there is any local data. Where would the browser store it? I don't think that's a usual function of browsers. My guess would be that once the connection is restored, Evernote restores the last synced version of the note. What I really don't know enough even to guess about is how often the Web interface actually syncs.

I haven't had this experience, but I do often manage to delete my own text due to the touchpad between my hands on this laptop. I have a work-around to suggest, which is not a solution to your specific problem, but might make it less onerous. There is a Chrome extension called Typio, and it monitors your typing in boxes like this and can be used to restore something that is accidentally deleted. Might help?

Archived