Adding gmail label and autocopy this email to evernote with a specific tag

Veekdeveek

Hi all,
Does anybody know a method to accomplish the abovementioned? I use the GTD method and when processing my emails sometimes it leads to an actionable item but not one that can be done immediately. Right now I send these emails to my evernote account, manually appending a specific tag for emails that need action. However I can imagine this can be automated (perhaps using a third party service like IFTTT or Zapier). Does anybody have experience regarding this and can you perhaps recommend a certain way of implementing this automation?

Regards,
Veekdeveek

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Veekdeveek said:

Does anybody have experience regarding this and can you perhaps recommend a certain way of implementing this automation?

I access my gmail account in Apple Mail (unified email).  
I use scripting (Mac Applescript) to process my emails; the script handles the Actionable details automatically.

Instead of the email method, the script transfers the email directly to Evernote with tags, reminders, ...
This gives me control of how the Evernote note is formatted
233936454_ScreenShot2018-09-09at06_50_14.png.0d194d204abd1db6c702c5ea5e5184ae.png

I don't actually use an !Actionable tag
The Reminder designation is sufficient and also includes options for date, completion date/status

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Veekdeveek said:

Hi all,
Does anybody know a method to accomplish the abovementioned? I use the GTD method and when processing my emails sometimes it leads to an actionable item but not one that can be done immediately. Right now I send these emails to my evernote account, manually appending a specific tag for emails that need action. However I can imagine this can be automated (perhaps using a third party service like IFTTT or Zapier). Does anybody have experience regarding this and can you perhaps recommend a certain way of implementing this automation?

Regards,
Veekdeveek

I use some PhraseExpress hotkeys to forward and "fix" emails that require repetitive notebook and tag assignment.  For example whenever i get a receipt from Amazon, I forward and then press Ctrl+Alt+A and...

1. My EN email is added
  2. The mail body gets cleaned up of the forward stuff
  3. In the subject line
    1. Fw: is removed
    2. Date in the form of yyyy.mm.dd is added to the front
    3. The notebook is assigned
    4. Amazon and Receipt are added as tags
  4. Then press send

I'm sure similar hotkeys could be built for other repeatable forwards, like GTD tag assignment.  I also have a hotkey for receipts I receive via email.  FWIW.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

48 minutes ago, Veekdeveek said:

Hey @CalS
Interesting method! Do tell more.

I am assuming this implementation requires fetching email messages with a particulair client? Or does this work using a browser too?

Regards,

V.

Any client of any sort, I have hit keys I use within EN.  The method works with any set of repetitive keystrokes and mouse clicks.  

You just “program” the actions into whichever text expander tool.  The key is that the steps are repeatable, whether it be function keys, mouse clicks at a position or icon, tab keys, backspaces, whatever.  

Again, I use PhraseExpress, some use AutoHotkey.  Download one and try something simple.  

• 1 year later...