Suggestion to improve the Search function

CalS,

Thank you! My tool bar doesn't have all the icons that yours does, so i'm going to add some of them. However, i did NOT know about the icon you showed. It works perfectly.

I was hoping one of you guys would know a good workaround.

Thanks again,

Steve

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, signcarver said:

CalS,

Thank you! My tool bar doesn't have all the icons that yours does, so i'm going to add some of them. However, i did NOT know about the icon you showed. It works perfectly.

I was hoping one of you guys would know a good workaround.

Thanks again,

Steve

You are welcome. 

I discovered that, under certain circumstances, the "X" appears in the Search field and sometime it doesn't appear.

• If you open a notebook that has notes already in it, the summary panel shows all those notes. In this case the "X" does NOT appear in the Search field.
  • If you do a Search on a word, the "X" does appear in the Search field.
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, signcarver said:

I discovered that, under certain circumstances, the "X" appears in the Search field and sometime it doesn't appear.

• If you open a notebook that has notes already in it, the summary panel shows all those notes. In this case the "X" does NOT appear in the Search field.
  • If you do a Search on a word, the "X" does appear in the Search field.

True.  If you click the X context will become whatever the context is in the search, be it a notebook, a stack, or all notes.  If you want all notes as the context clicking on the All Notes icon will get it every time, not so with the X if you are searching a notebook at the time.

Archived