Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×
Lee Ingram

Dictionaries

Does Evernote have its own dictionary, or is it using a windows dictionary? If it's the former, can anyone tell me how I can edit it?

Thanks. 

Hi.  If you're using a recent version of Evernote for Windows,  there's a known problem with its spell check that may be fixed when 6.15 is on general release. 

EN does have its own dictionary.

Spell check seems to be fixed for me in 6.15. But I need to re-add all my words ?

Where is the dictionary file stored in 6.15?

14 minutes ago, cswilly said:

Spell check seems to be fixed for me in 6.15. But I need to re-add all my words ?

Where is the dictionary file stored in 6.15?

To answer my own question. The dictionary file is stored: C:\Users\<<USER NAME>>\Evernote\LocalStorage\Custom Dictionary.txt

Sadly, you no longer can edit words into the text file. Some goofball of a programmer added a checksum_v1 to the file. Wonderful.

Now I will have to add one-by-one all my words after Evernote forgot them for the 10th time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the replies.

The issue I have, is that I'm dyslexic and seem to have added some words that I do not recognise and therefore changes them from an incorrect spelling to another incorrect spelling. I want to remove these words, but as cswilly mentioned its not possible to edit the file, so there's no way to remove them? Any ideas on how I can rectify this?

On 9/7/2018 at 9:21 AM, cswilly said:

To answer my own question. The dictionary file is stored: C:\Users\<<USER NAME>>\Evernote\LocalStorage\Custom Dictionary.txt

Sadly, you no longer can edit words into the text file. Some goofball of a programmer added a checksum_v1 to the file. Wonderful.

Now I will have to add one-by-one all my words after Evernote forgot them for the 10th time.

Ah damn, I really could have used an editable dictionary text file.

I have a medical/scientific custom dictionary of 672,208 items!

No way to add that volume one-by-one.

🤦‍♂️

• Like 2