Obnoxious Green 'Share' Button

JRA

Idea

I'd like to see an option to hide the green "new note" button in the sidebar. It seems redundant for users who use the keyboard shortcut to create a new note. 

• Like 1

17 replies to this idea

Looks like it is out of beta... I just got it today - Version 7.5.2 - and agree it is really distracting.

Maybe in the next version they may enhance it by making if flash or adding a popup windows with offers to win ipads by inviting your friends to EverNote...

I get the viral incentive for EverNote to push us to share notes - but I pay for this service and that should be enough. The only thing they are going to succeed in doing is pushing people off the platform.

If it was gray scale they might have got away with it...

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
49 minutes ago, dtprof said:

The "+ New Note" button takes up a lot of space on the sidebar.

It would be nice to be able to remove it like other sidebar options such as "Trash". 

I've merged existing post  for the New Note Button    
To indicate support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

Personally, I have no issues with space for the New Note Button500092055_ScreenShot2020-09-09at2_48_17PM.png.ed2d35f86f7c0435445743d98b9f92a7.png
I run with a minimized sidebar; just icons

holler!  

i too always use the keyboard shortcut for new notes, and almost never the little green 'new note' button.  especially with note-taking apps, a streamlined and efficient interface is a most excellent thing.  i very much hope the developers consider implementing your request in a future release of EN on macOS.

People share a small fraction of their notes; however, from now on, they have to stare a friendly reminder to share their content with others. Why, dear people at Evernote? Why don't make the note composer something more distraction free?

Screen-Shot-2018-09-06-at-10.32.14.jpg

• Like 2

The change would be a whole lot less annoying if they hadn't deleted the Reminder button (alarm clock) and replaced it with the Share button. I use Reminders daily; i use Share never. Now i have to go into the "..." menu to set a reminder. The buttons should be reversed.

• Like 1

Instead of tinkering with their logo (which was the only change I could even notice in their 'big' summer update) and redesigning buttons, they should do substantive things, like making the program work in a more intuitive and consistent way between devices and across platforms. Or make Conflicting changes notifications easier to understand. Do they read these suggestions?

On 9/6/2018 at 5:25 PM, CalS said:

You can customize that toolbar in Windows, not so on the Mac?

You can customise the toolbar on the Mac, but that button is conveniently not part of the toolbar. The 'toolbar', which can be customised, only contains a few things like sync status, alarms and a redundant additional button to create a new note. 

I can't believe someone thought this obnoxious green 'share' button was a good idea, and then doubled down by putting it somewhere that it can't be hidden or removed. It's one thing to have bad taste (taste is subjective, after all); it's another thing to force it on your customers. Do they really think that people are suddenly going to start sharing their notes because this ugly green 'Share' button appeared? 

All that time and work redesigning the logo to make it look like a modern software application, and they throw it all away by reintroducing something which looks like it escaped from Windows Vista.

Screenshot 2018-11-20 at 11.16.04.jpg

Seconded - I have two different notebooks I use on a regular basis, and so I've kept the "New note" (with the dropdown arrow to choose which notebook) in the customizable top menu bar on Evernote for Mac.

The new, big green "New note" in the sidebar is unhelpful, and distracting. It'd be great if it was an option to show/hide like all of the other sidebar options.

evernote-new-note-sidebar-20181126.png

Hello,

Does anyone any idea on how to delete this share button and get back direct access to the remniders & such ? Who invented this ???

the same way on the android app, we had a great intuitive timer/schedule access (2015 version) and then it was deleted to put in place something basic and not user friendly, it seems good ideas do not everlast here.

Best regards,
Mehdi