Share to Evernote from Android not going to default notebook

I have an LG G6 (Android version 8.0.0) and love the Google Feed feature (i.e., swiping all the way to the left and having a personalized news feed).  When I come across an article I want to keep for later, I access the "Share with..." menu option and select "Add to Evernote".  I would hope I could select the notebook where I would like to store the article, but the sharing/evernote app just clips the article automatically.  No big deal, except when I go into the Evernote app (or web, or desktop), the note is shared to another Notebook that isn't my default notebook!  Wha????  Worse, it's saving the clipped article to a notebook I'm sharing with other folks, so they're doubly confused as the article has nothing to do with the Notebook we are working on.

I've tried looking at the Evernote settings, etc., but can't seem to find where you set the "Share with..." default notebook for Evernote.  Anyone have the same problem? Any suggestions on how to resolve?

• Level 5

Hi, @jerlenaz, and welcome to the forums. (Love your avatar, BTW!) The trick (and it is a bit of a trick) is that right after you select "Add to Evernote" from the "Share with" dialog, you have to tap on the Evernote icon (the elephant) while the "wheel" is spinning around. That should pop up options for notebook, tags, and whether or not to clip the full article. The next time you share, it should use the same choices you select here.

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5
50 minutes ago, ppearce43 said:

How do I even SET a notebook as my default notebook.  In the older version, it was Tools>Options, I think.  But now I have no default notebook and can't find where to set one.  Windows 10.

Thanks.

Phil

This is the Android forum. I'm not using the very latest version of the the Windows program, but for me it is still in Tools > Options > General, and in the middle of the General dialog there's an option to select the default notebook.

It can also be set in the Android app: tap the 3-line menu at top left, scroll down to Settings, then Notebooks, then Default personal notebook and make a selection, and tap Choose at the bottom right.

Archived