Delete extra tags, when they not use in notebook

someone777

Idea

Hello! I have idea, how Evernote can be better. It would be nice, if when I choose one of my notebooks, all tags, that are not related with notes in it would be removed from left side panel. And when I choose "All Notes",  all tags are appear.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, someone777 said:

Hello! I have idea, how Evernote can be better. It would be nice, if when I choose one of my notebooks, all tags, that are not related with notes in it would be removed from left side panel. And when I choose "All Notes",  all tags are appear.

You kind of already have this feature, but not in the left panel. After you choose a notebook, press this icon:

image.png.ecda4e4fc552f3158d4fcc6e6e25eb94.png

• Level 5*
On 9/1/2018 at 12:17 PM, someone777 said:

They used to do this, a long time ago (5+ years?), at least in the Windows client. I recall that it was considered to be confusing, with users wondering where their tags went if they happened to have a particular notebook selected and didn't realize it. Plus, if any tags were at the root of the hierarchy, you'd lose that structuring element: all of the subtags go to the root. I agree with the assessment of the time that it was very confusing. 

What they do now is this: when you select a notebook (or stack, or other search), the available tags relevant for that set of notes is available in the tag control in the search panel (or via Alt+Shift+T). One drawback is that you no longer have a tag tree for this (which is minor in my view, because of the problem noted above), but hopfully you have a lot fewer tags to scan.

Archived