Font issue in v. 6.7.6.7584 (Solved)

• Level 5

Per the required security update, I updated from v. 6.5 to v. 6.7.6.7584. I apologize if this is an old and well-known but in this version, but I'm finding some aggravating font formatting problems. I have my default set to Tahoma 9 pt. I find that anything pasted in looks significantly smaller, but is still called Tahoma 9 in the font dialog. See the screenshot below. Checkbox lists are also affected: after the first item, every new item shows up small. Simplify formatting fixes the appearance, but is annoying to have to do repeatedly. I trust this will be fixed when I finally updated to the bug-fixed v. 6.14 or 6.15, but I thought it worth posting here, since I know others are using 6.7.6.7584.

image.png.c3f66b6247d5df524e10bc2b2d6afcb2.png

I've been having a similar issue and it's %^&*!* annoying!

There is no consistent font between the IOS version and then the desktop version which means reediting one or the other to maintain consistency which is forcing me to migrate notes to OneNote. The fact that Evernote will no only engage in it's folly if people are premium subscribers just adds insult to the injury after all, it's their product and it's not right so this for me is just moaning for little to no reason unless one of the staff happen upon this discussion!

So annoyed. 

On 8/30/2018 at 5:08 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Per the required security update, I updated from v. 6.5 to v. 6.7.6.7584. I apologize if this is an old and well-known but in this version, but I'm finding some aggravating font formatting problems. I have my default set to Tahoma 9 pt. I find that anything pasted in looks significantly smaller, but is still called Tahoma 9 in the font dialog. See the screenshot below. Checkbox lists are also affected: after the first item, every new item shows up small. Simplify formatting fixes the appearance, but is annoying to have to do repeatedly. I trust this will be fixed when I finally updated to the bug-fixed v. 6.14 or 6.15, but I thought it worth posting here, since I know others are using 6.7.6.7584.

image.png.c3f66b6247d5df524e10bc2b2d6afcb2.png

I am also on 6.7 and I use Font: Raleway Size:11. When I paste from an outside source, I always use the CTRL + SHIFT + V option and did not notice any issues matching the default font.

Are you using the keyboard shortcut or the right click on the mouse when matching style? I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

• Level 5

Well, this is weird... no wait, it was already weird, this is bizarre. It only happens with 9-point type! Tahoma in any other size does not have this problem. Other fonts at 9 points have the problem. Sheeeesh! :blink: :angry: :excl:

Oh wait, that was only bizarre. Turns out it's freakish. I checked my default font and size--and it's Tahoma 10! Yet every new note claims to be Tahoma 9. I believe, based on 30 seconds of extensive testing, that it's really 10, claiming to be 9. But paste-and-match-style does actually paste at 9, which of course looks smaller than the 10 claiming to be 9. :angry: :angry: :angry:

On 9/4/2018 at 2:25 PM, TK0047 said:
On 9/4/2018 at 2:25 PM, TK0047 said:

I updated from v. 6.5 to v. 6.7.6.7584. I apologize if this is an old and well-known but in this version, but I'm finding some aggravating font formatting problems. I have my default set to Tahoma 9 pt. I find that anything pasted in looks significantly smaller, but is still called Tahoma 9 in the font dialog. See the screenshot below. Checkbox lists are also affected: after the first item, every new item shows up small. Simplify formatting fixes the appearance, but is annoying to have to do repeatedly. I trust this will be fixed when I finally updated to the bug-fixed v. 6.14 or 6.15, but I thought it worth posting here, since I know others are using 6.7.6.7584.

I am using the latest ver. 8.15.1 and have the same font issue however I have not checked to see whether is affects particular fonts but thinking about it, don't think I should have to!

This response from Evernote support. I'd raised input issues 5 years ago(!) only to still be speaking about it 5 years later.. 

"I have looked at your previous ticket and your current one. The issue regarding inconsistent fonts has been improved, but still has known issues like the one your state. This is a frustrating and known issue that should be fixed in a future release. The date when this will be released has not yet been announced. I realise you have heard this before. Evernote is in the process of fixing many issues like the one you state.

I could not find your other point regarding supported devices and Salesforce. I can say that iPhone (iOS11) is supported by Evernote. The newer versions of Mac, Windows, iOS and Android are all supported."

This issue has resulted in me receiving a premium  upgrade for a of period of 3 months but to be honest, I am far less interested in that and just want the thing to work. It's got me so peeved that I'm now flirting with Onenote which, whilst it has its own interesting features, means:

a) I have to now port all the data from one platform to the next and,

b) I lose out on features as the Mac version is a cut-down application which - surprise, surprise - does not have nearly the same features as the Windows version.
SMFH. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived