This is a nice feature that I noticed got recently implemented. For some notes, I like to put the timestamp (or at least the date) in the note title. Until now, you could not do the CTL-SEMICOLON key combo while in the note title. Now you can. Love it.

Thanks Evernote.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

Today, this broke. I have not done an update (that I'm aware of).

Windows client: 6.21.2.8716 (308716) Public (CE Build ce-62.5.9981)

Anyone else? Can you do this on Windows client?

1. Create note.

2. Focus on title

3. Ctl+;         (that is control-semicolon)

Does the timestamp appear in the title, or in the body of the note?

Thanks.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, geetarplayer said:

Does the timestamp appear in the title, or in the body of the note?

The timestamp is inserted at cursor position

The Evernote documention gives two keyboard shortcuts; Control + ; or Shift + Alt + D)

You might try rebooting your device

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

The timestamp is inserted at cursor position

The Evernote documention gives two keyboard shortcuts; Control + ; or Shift + Alt + D)

You might try rebooting your device

I didn't realize there was another shortcut. I did Shift + Alt + D, and it indeed put it in the title. Now, the other shortcut also works!  I'm happy. Thank you.

Works as expected for me, too bad there is no way to change the format, so I guess I will continue to use AutoHotkey instead, which allows me to get

19-11-12: Tue, Nov 12 | 10:37PM

instead of 

11/12/2019 10:37 PM

more practical for my use.

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Yes, I was aware, changing the whole system just for a date stamp seems impractical.  I was hoping for an Evernote only solution, like in settings. 

Yes, I am not expecting anything like what I use in my AH script, just simpler things like year first, etc.

• Level 5
On 11/12/2019 at 11:44 PM, Don Dz said:

Yes, I was aware, changing the whole system just for a date stamp seems impractical.  I was hoping for an Evernote only solution, like in settings. 

Yes, I am not expecting anything like what I use in my AH script, just simpler things like year first, etc.

For me, I practically never see this system function outside Evernote (I rarely use MS Office programs), so I'm giving it a try. Thanks, @jefito and @DTLow!

EDIT: Turns out Quicken uses this function to fill in dates, and insists on numbers only in the date field (without actually telling the user any of this; I found it in one of their forums), so I had to slink back to the boring MM/dd/yyyy numerical setting. Sigh.