Viewing Old Notes (modify / append)

Freezer

Idea

So I have not used evernote for a while, I log into my web account and access the evernote online interface. I browse old notes and logout.. I log back onto evernote today and notice that several of my old notes NOW display that they were created 3 days ago... the date(s) are now absurdly incorrect! 

Please resolve this issue... no archived note should display it's initial creation date as the last time a user logged on or perhaps pressed the space bar or enter bar in a note... ever. Any future modifications to a note should ALWAYS have a 'modified' date appended to the note!  Problem about these particular notes is that NOW... I do not recall the actual date the note had been created.

How an issue like this slipped by the developers is behooving.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Agree there's something going on here.  It's currently the 29th August,  and a note I did create some months ago shows a 25 August 2018 created and updated date in Evernote Web.  However I checked some earlier notes created in 2012,  and they still show the correct dates.  Bug,  I think.  I'll report it to Evernote.  Meanwhile the easy fix is something that I do routinely anyway - since my note creation date usually doesn't accurately reflect the date of any attachments,  I add the relevant date to the start of the title as YYYYMMDD which automatically sorts notes into correct date order if there are several connected to my search term.

Edit:  Reported ticket #2639089 - you can also contact Support via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps - if you wish

Archived