Reminders: Time to perform, format and keyboard shortcut. For time boxing.

Fredda123

Idea

Time to perform and time format on Mac.

I've started using time boxing as an productivity tool, it works pretty well with Evernote Windowns at the moment. I have all reminders I'm supposed to do today, I set the the time for when each should be started and then I'll use a tag for how long it's supposed to take (estimated). This gives me a pretty good view of my day and is quite easy to replan.

60B11F28-5484-4439-9B2D-475377DD6C1A.png.9a2b6e9707420f515e0810d0a9099502.png

Unfortunately on the mac the format of the reminder is useless, it just says "Today" also I can't view the tags in the same view as the time of the reminder.44340619-0D85-4C1A-895A-7FF8C0448253.thumb.png.06814249e6b45f85857f42052074d0fe.png

Suggestions are first to change the format of the reminder to just YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM (this is European standard). At least then it's possible to view when to start performing the reminder.

But an even better improvement would to actually be able to set when a reminder is supposed to be done (or how long it will take and the done time will automatically be set). So then there'll be two columns one for reminder start and one for reminder end.

If also a keyboard shortcut is added, the time boxing routine could be very effectively executed.

Also seems like Evernote is leaning towards more professional users, I'd think this would be very appreciated.

Hope this makes sense.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

You've posted the request and users can indicate their support using the voting arrows in the top left corner of the discussion.

My guess is that you have a niche requirement that Evernote won't follow up on.

As you pointed out, Macs don't show the reminder time in the reminder section; just the date.
There is no option to show reminder date/time in list view.
There is no feature for end date/time or time required.

fwiw  My standard for notes is to prefix the title with the date/time information
for example    2018/11/05 13:00 ** Appointment !Dr. ........
The ** is an estimate of the time required in 30 minute increments
I have this scripted on my Mac so the title, reminder, calendar, tags ..... are set automatically

Archived