? Does Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe update solve synching issues? ?

My laptop has EN: 6.7.5.5825 & My Desktop has EN: 6.11.2.7027, they won't sync.  Rec'd a sm red triangle with ! in sync icon.
Rich Tener, August 7, of Evernote's security team suggested to update to Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe.
If I Uninstall EN from both PC's & update to Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe; will this solve my synching problem?  
Have been a EN user since 2009, never ran into this problem before.
Encountered & developed work-a-rounds for many other EN problems though.
I'm a ret busn mgr & use EN for research & have 250-300 notes in 31 notebooks. My total research archives (not in EN) exceeds 6TB in about 4000 venues.
Have copies ALL EN program files off both PCs to usb Hard drives.
If what I described above won't solve the synching problem, what do you suggest?
Regards
klxdrt
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, klxdrten said:
My laptop has EN: 6.7.5.5825 & My Desktop has EN: 6.11.2.7027, they won't sync.  Rec'd a sm red triangle with ! in sync icon.
Rich Tener, August 7, of Evernote's security team suggested to update to Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe.
If I Uninstall EN from both PC's & update to Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe; will this solve my synching problem?  

It should.

CalSCalS

Thanks for the tip, but the interface presented by Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe was catiwampus & I looked all over to see how to change it to how I need & use it.  This forum's format is always changing making it very difficult to use.

#1:
This forum suggested I upgrade to this hotfix: https://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe.  Below is what came up as my main screen:

1709100388_ENLGafterupdatescreenlayout.thumb.jpg.aac9cf3158a5854d4e7ccb5d8b9f317c.jpg

2:

Below is the main screen I’ve been using for several yrs & need to get back to it ASAP.  How do I get back to this screen using the currrent ver of EN I just installed, Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe:

1571487855_ENLGscreenlayout.jpg.19ceb68a97955b327c06c5bd15c953b1.jpg

Posted in Win Forum

Regards,

Klxdrt

TRIED TO BUT COULD NOT DELETE BELOW IMAGES

image.png

EN LG after update screen layout.jpg

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, klxdrt said:

Below is the main screen I’ve been using for several yrs & need to get back to it ASAP.  How do I get back to this screen using the currrent ver of EN I just installed, Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe:

It looks like you are using side list view with the note list turned on and the note panel turned off.  F11 to turn on the note list and Ctrl+F11 to turn off the note panel.  You can also see the options if you click on the View menu. 

Also click on the view drop down to see the hot keys for Snippet, Card, Top, Side and Thumbnail views

Image.png.ffc09dfe07055fb5a5e50808ce664d05.png

13 hours ago, CalS said:

It looks like you are using side list view with the note list turned on and the note panel turned off.  F11 to turn on the note list and Ctrl+F11 to turn off the note panel.  You can also see the options if you click on the View menu. 

Also click on the view drop down to see the hot keys for Snippet, Card, Top, Side and Thumbnail views

Image.png.ffc09dfe07055fb5a5e50808ce664d05.png

Cal,

I read your post bt t's the screen shot got bey small.  This forum doesnt make sense ro me, then it goed to file update,

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, klxdrt said:

Cal,

I read your post bt t's the screen shot got bey small.  This forum doesnt make sense ro me, then it goed to file update,

Don't understand the above.  Just try toggling with F11 and Ctrl+F11 to get the panes back that you want.

• 3 weeks later...

Those problem were solved, THANKS,  but others surfaced.  Have been a avid loyal users since 2009 & have experienced the evolution.

My 2 cents, too many bells & whistles.  I know everything is like this today, I'm from a different era, Things just worked.  Inherited my father's tools, mostly Craftsman. Problem, return to Sears, get a new one.  Yes I know sears is gone.  But the tools work fine now, including 2 Weller soldering guns from the early 30's and a Dremel form the mid 40's.  And I even got 5% on my savings acct.

And we even:

1789635383_moonlandingsm.jpg.374fe0697273d67301fbd2a6a0ad3f2f.jpg

Cheers,

klxdrt

@Dave-in-Decatur you are too funny!  @klxdrt, I remember Sears!  I also remember DOS before MS Windows.  ?

I agree too many bells and whistles can upset the Apple cart.  There are a few fundamentals in EN that I value and would not be happy if they went away. I.e., scanning business cards. Hopefully the vision EN’s CEO is focused on will keep radical changes to a minimum and customer service at a maximum.

• Level 5*

Re: Bells and whistles

It would be of interest to know specifically which Evernote features are considered  as "bells and whistles", and what are not (see the movie Amadeus' "Too many notes" scene). Moreover, Your bell or whistle might be my workflow must-have, and vice-versa. Modern day software, like Evernote, is often aimed for a general audience. The analogy to a physical hardware toolset doesn't really hold very well here. Tools are generally single-purpose, but you need a fair number of them to do something substantial, or be prepared for many eventualities. Software is rarely packaged that way; it can be a pain to make, market and ship individual, focused components that plug into a general framework, not to mention confusing and probably more costly for the user. So software developers often just bundle everything up into a single package, and sell that, and hope that it covers all of the specialized workflows of a sweet spot in the market, without being too confusing for users to use. I can't count the number of times that forum users have claimed "Evernote would be perfect if only feature A were added. Well, the features A, B, C, etc. are all different and they add up to a lot of functionality that would make Evernote perfect for some set of people. Are they all bells and whistles?

Archived