Does Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe solve synching issues?

? Does Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe solve synching issues? ?

My laptop has EN: 6.7.5.5825 & My Desktop has EN: 6.11.2.7027, they won't sync.

One of Evernote's security team suggested to update to Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe.

If I Uninstall EN from both PC's & update to Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe; will this solve my synching problem?  

Have been a EN user since 2009, never ran into this problem before.
Encountered & developed work-a-rounds for many other EN problems though.

I'm a ret busn mgr & use EN for research & have 250-300 notes in 31 notebooks. My total research archives (not in EN) exceeds 6TB in about 4000 venues.

Have copies ALL EN program files off both PCs to usb drives.

If what I described above won't solve the synching problem, what do you suggest?

Regards

klxdrt

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not sure exactly what's involved in copying " ALL EN program files off both PCs to usb drives" - backups of the application itself aren't useful;  there are lots of sources for most versions.  Copies of anything except the Databases folder are not useful -  Evernote will reset all the folders and files it needs when installed.  Regular backups of the Databases folder are useful - in case anything goes wrong with reinstalls or note contents.

Having said that,  and provided you do have a copy of the Databases folder just in case,  I'd suggest you uninstall Evernote from your computer and download,  restart and reinstall Evernote 6.7 from here.

That should sort out your problems,  but if not please come back here with whatever symptoms you're experiencing.

gazumped

I followed your instruction as above: I  uninstalled Evernote from your computer and download,  restart and reinstall Evernote 6.7 from here. Several unexpected problems ensued:

Had to reset my password?? to get into the new ver of EN.
The interface was totally different. could not find where to set it.
Info I entered into my EN Notebook> note was missing, no way to find, go to other Notebooks to check.
Selected update arrow, it spun once but the missing txt did not appear.
Chkd for program files, 10 files in program files folder.
Chkd for database files in User folder> HW folder>evernote>databases> sessiondata file BUT NO exb file.
I uninstalled EN 6.7.

I have a copy of the exb database.  And I don't care what version I end up with I just want EN to work like it did since 2009 & syncs.

How do I get things back together?

1988426027_uloadENmenu.thumb.jpg.3aa55f590bea1474d968d0a42c325413.jpg

Above is an Image of my orig EN, have been using it for yrs.  When all this is over how do I get it back?

• Level 5*

Hi again.  Please don't post your query multiple times - there's only a few users (mainly) supporting the board,  and all you're gonna get is several versions of the same comment.  If you are a subscriber,  you'll be able to raise any concerns with Evernote Support who are available on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or (if you have any issues with that link) https://twitter.com/evernotehelps .  We're -mainly- other users who may be able to help.

Evernote have blocked access to their server from some versions of the app for security reasons.  There are 'older' versions that may be similar to your experience,  or newer options that may be as effective for your needs.  I can't guarantee that you can get back to the exact interface that you expect,  but as long as the application does what you need,  is that important?

Like this user, I am running 6.7.5.5825 and am happy with it.  While the hotfix 6.7.6.7584 sounds promising, I am having difficulty confirming the changelog for this version.  If there were additional changes made beyond enabling https, I may just stick with my old version and forego the sync.   Is there a list of what the changes were between these two versions?

• Level 5*
43 minutes ago, PsiScream said:

Like this user, I am running 6.7.5.5825 and am happy with it.  While the hotfix 6.7.6.7584 sounds promising, I am having difficulty confirming the changelog for this version.  If there were additional changes made beyond enabling https, I may just stick with my old version and forego the sync.   Is there a list of what the changes were between these two versions?

Evernote are blocking access to their server for insecure version of the app,  so if you can still use that version,  you could continue to do so.  If you lose the ability to sync with the server,  the hotfix will be your only v6.x option.

Archived