KW_S

Keyboard shortcut to get to the Top List and select notes?

I've got most of the major keyboard shortcuts memorized but once I'm in a note and finished editing,  I can't find a way to jump back up to the Top List view where the note headers are shown to select another note. Anyone have a keyboard shortcut for this?

Thanks.

Which program are you using? In the Windows program, the Esc key will return you to the Note List, with focus on the note you were just editing. From there, you can go up and down in the list; or use Shift+Tab to go to the Search field.

19 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

In the Windows program, the Esc key will return you to the Note List

Not in the more current versions, Esc doesn't work.  F2 - Back Tab (Note title - Note List) is what you have to do now.

I'm just glad I didn't set up any PhraseExpress hotkeys using the Esc....

13 minutes ago, CalS said:

Not in the more current versions, Esc doesn't work.  F2 - Back Tab (Note title - Note List) is what you have to do now.

I'm just glad I didn't set up any PhraseExpress hotkeys using the Esc....

Crud, sorry--still using a more functional version, but planning to upgrade to 6.14 or 6.15, which finally seem usable. One question: Back Tab = Shift+Tab?

4 hours ago, KW_S said:

I've got most of the major keyboard shortcuts memorized but once I'm in a note and finished editing,  I can't find a way to jump back up to the Top List view where the note headers are shown to select another note. Anyone have a keyboard shortcut for this?

Mac - Sorry, I know of no delivered keyboard shortcuts for switching to the note list 

On my Mac, I use Fastscripts to assign keyboard shortcuts to scripts,
I have a script for the note list (set query string of window to searchQuery)

Macs also have 

⌘ J Jump to Notebook

1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

One question: Back Tab = Shift+Tab?

Yup.

• Thanks 1

coming in late here... but I find F6 > Tab the better move.  They need to add a CTRL+something for this tho

6 hours ago, ReganHouse37 said:

coming in late here... but I find F6 > Tab the better move.  They need to add a CTRL+something for this tho

Yes, that is a good alternative. Agreed, Ctrl+something (e.g., Ctrl+L would be obvious). Or just bring back good ol' Esc.