Import Folder Always Defaults to C: Drive

Previously, I had Evernote installed on my F: Drive (an SSD) with my local files continuing to being stored on my C Drive. When attempting to add an import folder from the F: drive, I am able to select the desired folder from the Browse window, but reopening the Import Folders dialog box would show that Evernote had set the drive location to the C Drive. This happens whether I select a folder from the F drive or manually change the letter "C" to the letter "F" after such changes have already occurred. 

In response to this, I decided to move my local files onto my F: drive, which is something I had been planning to do anyway. However, even upon reloading Evernote, my import folders continue to default to the C Drive. 

Any thoughts on how I could fix this?

• Level 5*

I have an import folder on an SSD drive, and it's remained there after many installs -- I am on the beta track, so I tend to get updates on a monthly (or thereabouts) cadence, and I haven't changed my import folder in a couple of years or more.. My SSD drive is permanently attached, so I also tested out putting on a USB drive as well. It seems to be working as well, even after shutting down Evernote and restarting. Weird...

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd provide a quick update. After going back and forth with support for the last several weeks, it seems they are as stumped as I am, as none of their solutions has resolved this issue. Ultimately, they recommended that I move my database folder back to the C drive, although I would prefer not to have to do this for a number of reasons.

One interesting thing to note is that an Import Folder set up on my external H: drive worked just fine; it's only with the F: drive that this issue is present. Granted, I'm not sure this observation would bring me closer to any sort of potential solution.

At this point, I might be content with setting up Import Folders on my H: drive and manually moving content into them from their mirrors on my F: drive. It'd be an extra step of work, but wouldn't be the end of the world either.

Archived