Don Dz

Forum sort by date

Idea

Just in case it hasn't already been requested, please give forum members the option to sort discussions by date as a permanent option, maybe in member's profiles or something, following a conversation by votes is confusing and downright silly, and having to remember to click on sort by date every single time is incredibly inconvenient.

Thanks for listening.

• Thanks 1

12 replies to this idea

26 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

Just in case it hasn't already been requested, please give forum members the option to sort discussions by date as a permanent option, maybe in member's profiles or something, following a conversation by votes is confusing and downright silly, and having to remember to click on sort by date every single time is incredibly inconvenient.

Thanks for listening.

Already asked for this one, told it is not possible at this time.

27 minutes ago, CalS said:

Already asked for this one, told it is not possible at this time.

Maybe they just need enough people bothering them about it?  Who knows.

"Not possible" makes me think about some of the weird things that recently happened in the Windows beta, married to buggy software, maybe.

24 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

Maybe they just need enough people bothering them about it?  Who knows.

"Not possible" makes me think about some of the weird things that recently happened in the Windows beta, married to buggy software, maybe.

Think it has more to do with the capabilities of the forum software.  

just to be clear, i only see this in the feature requests section, are you seeing it happen anywhere else?

3 hours ago, Ron Bauerle said:

just to be clear, i only see this in the feature requests section, are you seeing it happen anywhere else?

Not that I can see after a quick check, will update if I see it elsewhere.

It's just the voting forums. I figured it was so that Evernote staffers are less interested in recent posts and more into absolute post counts, though I don't know that for certain.

23 minutes ago, jefito said:

I figured it was so that Evernote staffers are less interested in recent posts and more into absolute post counts, though I don't know that for certain.

That would put requests like Dark Mode near the very top, so I doubt it.  :ph34r:

56 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

That would put requests like Dark Mode near the very top, so I doubt it.  :ph34r:

Near the very top of what????  
Keep in mind that customer votes is just one of the factors used in Evernote's prioritization.

Theres a story about Henry Ford asking his customers what they wanted, with the response being faster horses.

edit: I was thinking about the request vote; not the individual posts

40 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

My guess is that that that's exactly the intent for making #posts the default setting. They could have also gone for most votes, but not everyone who posts knows to vote. Not that everyone who posts is in favor, either. And me, I'd prefer it to be sort by recently updated, but it's not that huge a deal for me (and I'm here a lot)...

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Near the very top of ????

The top of the forum or display, who knows how they prioritize.  For what I have seen, the only thing that goes near the top is recent discussions, not popular ones.

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

edit: I was thinking about the request vote; not the individual posts

Yes, I was also thinking about ranking by request votes, but in terms of sorting among other forum requests.

I do see there is a sorting by most votes,  though it is not the default in the forum list, only inside the actual topic, interesting.