Kathryn Hill

Search Not Finding Notes

Evernote 7.4 on macOS 10.13.6 ... I've been using Evernote for over 10 years. Something broke with Search in the latest upgrade. I type in a keyword, and Search says "No notes found." But I know there ARE notes with that keyword.

I'm attaching a screenshot with an example. I typed "tahini dressing," and at the top it says:

Found notes with rosemary tahini dressing, white bean kale salad with tahini dressing, roasted carrot lentil salad with tahini dressing and curry-roasted fennel salad with rosemary tahini dressing

but in the note list area, it says "No notes found."

Even when I click on one of the "found notes" result, I still get "No notes found."

Screenshot 2018-08-20 13.59.55.png

Hi Kathryn

I have the same issue. Forgive my stupidity but what did you mean by option+help etc. etc.?

Thank you

Winterclan

16 hours ago, Winterclan said:

Hi Kathryn

I have the same issue. Forgive my stupidity but what did you mean by option+help etc. etc.?

Thank you

Winterclan

open the help menu while pressing option key - that shows more menu items e. g. troubleshooting

On 9/6/2018 at 1:02 AM, Winterclan said:

Hi Winterclan,

In the macOS app, when you click on "Help" at the top, the drop-down menu looks like this:

1558893073_Screenshot2018-09-0709_04_29.png.246cfaea021fd8bf13f7d7a052a3f6d8.png

When you hold down the alt/option key and then click on Help, the dropdown menu looks like this (note "Troubleshooting" at the bottom:)

30400533_Screenshot2018-09-0709_10_37.png.9318a480873e79feb273006501271ac8.png

It's a hidden menu option that only shows up when you hold down the alt/option key while clicking on "Help."

Hope that helps.

Best,

K

On 9/9/2018 at 12:41 PM, Jonni Mitchell said:

I did it but still no luck. How long does it take? 

It takes a while. Let it run and check again in a few hours or tomorrow.