Blank screen when I log into Evernote Web :(

Hi people, 

evernote is pretty much helping me with organizing my stuff, but (I guess after some major update) I am seeing just a blank screen when I log into the web. Desktop and mobile apps works just fine. Has somebody experienced this too?

Screen: https://ibb.co/mGjGJK

• Like 1

I meet the same problem on Firefox 61 + Arch Linux, on both of my laptops. And it has been a few days since the problem first appeared.

Firefox on Windows 10, and Chrome on Linux don't suffer from this problem.

I have tried clearing history, restart in safe mode, and creating new Firefox profile, and no one works.

area_20180823014434.png

area_20180823014449.png

On 8/31/2018 at 11:16 PM, Julian G. said:

Hi people,

We are currently aware of this issue some users are facing with the new version of Evernote web and currently working on an update that will address this.

In the meanwhile, if you are stuck seeing a blank screen, you can switch over to the older version of Evernote web by going to the link below:

https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action?disableIonToPrevious=

Regards,

Unfortunately this does not work as I'm already using the old version. After all the new beta version does not even support Firefox yet.

area_20180907101546.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The old web client is really difficult to use. There are bugs that I've had to workaround, like the tab button not indenting both the bullet and the text, just the text. Or when you delete a bulleted line, then you end up with the line above it having 2 bullets, with no way to remove them. There are a bunch of these types of issues that seemed to be fixed with the new web client.

What's really bugging me is that when I switch back to the old web client, since the new one doesn't work, it's is constantly stripping the outline format that I have in one of my notes. I rely on the outline format greatly in this file for organizational purposes. The first time it happened, I tried to export an older version of the file using the web client and then import it. The web client let me export and save the older file, but not import it. Why is this asymmetric? I had to go home and use the native app to export/import the note. And today, I access the same note using the web client, and the outline format is gone once again. I don't know why this keeps happening. This never happened when I used the old web client before. It's very annoying since I rely on this note for work, and the removal of the outlining makes the note unusable and me unable to be productive. This is more than just an inconvenience to me at this point.

The new web client is also very slow. When editing a note, there can be a 5+ second lag between when I type, and when it is displayed on the screen. It's not always over 5 seconds, but it's always at least 2-3 seconds of waiting. I really hope that whoever is reading this understands the reason that this is very annoying when you're trying to type. It may not be obvious unless you've experienced it.

Also, this is not a new problem. It has happened before, and it eventually gets fixed. At one point, after facing the problem all morning, I filed a ticket. And a little after 12pm EST, 9am PST the blank page went away and the client loaded just fine. My guess is that the operations/IT/BE dev team came in around that time in the morning and fixed/reset/restarted something.

This is the first time that the  problem has gone unaddressed for so long though. For users that have to run Linux, we have no options except the web client. I really like Evernote, but I need to use it for work and this kind of downtime and before that, the amount of bugs, is unacceptable for any tech company. I'm guessing the web client install base is really small compared to the native app install base.

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2018 at 2:13 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Have you tried a different browser?  Cleared the browser history?  I don't know of any blank screen issues currently...

That is like telling someone to switch to another car if he cannot reach a certain street. 

The blank screen on the web version is a long-time, ongoing issue. It is a significant problem that occurs in different browsers and on a variety to PCs.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, windpower said:

That is like telling someone to switch to another car if he cannot reach a certain street. 

The blank screen on the web version is a long-time, ongoing issue. It is a significant problem that occurs in different browsers and on a variety to PCs.

That's also a 5-month old post...  10 days after -

On 8/31/2018 at 4:16 PM, Julian G. said:

Hi people,

We are currently aware of this issue some users are facing with the new version of Evernote web and currently working on an update that will address this.

In the meanwhile, if you are stuck seeing a blank screen, you can switch over to the older version of Evernote web by going to the link below:

Regards,

I'm absolutely FLOORED to discover that Evernote does not recognize the Edge browser and all I get on Firefox is a blank screen. I only discovered this when I got a new laptop and suddenly slammed into the two device limit of my lightly used free account.  You've known about this problem for months. What's with the delay in supporting all standard browsers?

I'm switching to OneNote without further delay so I can sync all notes on all devices at no charge. Even if I used Evernote all day every day, no way would I pay for such sloppy service. You remind me of the USPS.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Ritergal said:

What's with the delay in supporting all standard browsers?

Are you using the web beta? You should probably switch to the so-called "current" version as described above. The beta version is known to be an incomplete work in progress, whereas I can see the current version working in Edge.

1 hour ago, Ritergal said:

I'm switching to OneNote without further delay so I can sync all notes on all devices at no charge. Even if I used Evernote all day every day, no way would I pay for such sloppy service. You remind me of the USPS.

Of course, it should be noted the USPS delivers billions of pieces of mail every working day, with pretty high reliability. As an insult, that's pretty weak sauce. A web search on "how reliable is the us postal service" might help to enlighten.

But good luck with OneNote -- it's not for everyone (same as Evernote, or Keep, or etc.), but if it works for you, then that's great. We should all have tools that work for us.

• Haha 1
  • 1 year later...
On 8/31/2018 at 11:16 PM, Julian G. said:

Hi people,

Regards,

hello is there another lapse of the system on windows,or could it be the new google chrome update

OK, GUYS I FOUND OUT WHAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!
If 'when trying to access the new version but gets a blank screen' happens to you follow these steps:

1. Click this link https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action?disableIonToPrevious=
  2. Press go to notes
  3. Click the link again
  4. Press go to new version
  5. Search https://evernote.com/client/web on another tab
  6. Close the tab in step 3
  7. Keep the first tab open until the last tab has shown you all the notes 

Hope this helped... I did this on a custom built Windows computer, so Mac or Linux users please don't trashtalk me if it doesn't work!
Regards,
Aaron ❤️

• Like 2