Lost notes after 7.4 updates

Dear All,

Need your help. Right after update, I have lost all my notes.

I can see them on the web note but no more in the app.

I'm on macOs, recently update the app to 7.4.

Try resync, uninstall / reinstall. Nothing works.

Please could you help me, as I use evernote for studying, and have a very big exam coming soon.

Regards.

DTLow, thank you so much.  This worked for me too.  Same issue, and could not get this to work.  Tried to chat with customer support.  Very frustrating and disappointing, with no result.  It would be great to understand how this simple maneuver fixed the problem.  Again, appreciate your assistance.

@Alexak18 My understanding (I don't work on this part of the system) is that normally the client tries to do synchronization as efficiently as possible-- it keeps track of the version of the data it has from the server, and when it syncs it downloads only the stuff that happened after that version. In the case of big updates or local database corruption, an incremental sync like that doesn't work because the local data is broken. What this does is force it to start from scratch and download everything from the server.

Thank you rezecib.  It is trying to synchronize from the server.  It is acting erratically while doing so, for example with searches that find content, but then with no notes on the content.  Hopefully when the sync process completes, these issues will resolve.  I really don't understand how a company as big as evernote can expect that a chat room Helpdesk that only works during weekday business hours is sufficient.  This chat help was, forgive me in sounding unappreciative, unhelpful.  Why they didn't  just tell me to do the few keystrokes that were provided by DTLow and thereby avoid a lengthy interaction is beyond my understanding. Perhaps they thought there might be another solution.

Archived