Evernote 6.14.5.7671 keeps crashing

I just upgraded yesterday, and today, within two hours of work, Evernote has already crashed three times. It seems to happen when I select multiple notes, but it is hard to be sure as Evernote just suddenly closes without an error message. The "send error report" dialog pops up when I restart. I did not have this issue before the upgrade. I'm on Windows 10.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm on the same version + W10,  and while it's nowhere near as bad I can confirm that my Evernote has crashed a couple of times in the last few days - the window just folded away and the app had to be restarted.  On the second occasion I closed another app window and found the crash report screen waiting for me.  In both cases Evernote restarted immediately and didn't seem to have lost any data in the process...  weird.

I continue to receive a message when Evernote opens that it crashed on the last close.  A window appears asking me to send the data to technical support.  I consider this problem serious given this is a public release - not a beta for testing.  

Will a solution set be put in place shortly?  This is a show stopper in my opinion when people are using the Official Windows version.

Jerry

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Ethan Mings said:

I continue to receive a message when Evernote opens that it crashed on the last close.  A window appears asking me to send the data to technical support.  I consider this problem serious given this is a public release - not a beta for testing.  

Will a solution set be put in place shortly?  This is a show stopper in my opinion when people are using the Official Windows version.

Jerry

Hi.  We're a -mainly- user supported forum,  so under-the-hood technical questions aren't within our brief.  I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app to confirm there's no local problem,  and if that behaviour continues,  make sure you complete the crash report each time but also contact Support (https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if the support link won't work for you.)

So far there's only the three of us (AFAIK) but if this is wider spread,  then I'm sure Evernote will use all our reports to help work out what's going on.

I have the same problem.   

I keep getting this on startup: "A previous instance of Everenote.exe v.6.14.5.7671 encountered a problem ...".     

The first time I sent some comments and my email address.   That was maybe a week ago.   Since then I just hit Cancel.

Evernote seems to work fine, but this is annoying.

Archived