New evernote web beta not available for Firefox

wennichnur

I just tried to log in and received a corresponding error message, and was re-routed to the old version.

I honestly do not understand why you would not make the web beta available on Firefox.

I hope it will be available soon. (Why not support Firefox from the start?) But still, and again, it feels like you keep making a good product worse.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, wennichnur said:

I honestly do not understand why you would not make the web beta available on Firefox.

Browsers used to be 'dumb' applications,  originally designed to be windows through which you could see web pages.  These days they have to be secured against malware,  and handle dozens of different coding languages which help to take over (temporarily and very securely) a little of your device space for a variety of things from showing movies to accessing remote databases.  Browsers are now complicated applications with their own operating systems - which have to be secured against external interference for malware reasons.  Each browser has ts own OS 'language' and to use the available facilities,  other applications have to be written specially to use the right keys.

I believe Chrome has the majority of the browser market (although I prefer Firefox too) and its OS is different from Firefox.  Evernote appear to have chosen to float their beta in the most popular browser.  Being a beta it is subject to change - and it lacks some planned features anyway.  I'd bet that Evernote will develop the web version in Chrome until they're happy with it,  and will then add additional features so it is available in other browsers.  It's also possible that Firefox does not at this stage have some important features that Evernote need,  but that Evernote is aware (or has requested) that they will be added sometime soon...

Archived