Mass edit of note attributes

_Archer_

Idea

It would be very helpful if there was a way to mass edit the attribute fields for a note. For instance, I have 500 notes for which I'd like to change the contents of the author field. It's crazy that I have to delete them one at a time.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, _Archer_ said:

It would be very helpful if there was a way to mass edit the attribute fields for a note. For instance, I have 500 notes for which I'd like to change the contents of the author field. It's crazy that I have to delete them one at a time.

I'm on a Mac and use scripting to do mass changes.

On Windows, you can 371609108_ScreenShot2018-08-15at14_58_26.png.3141a24528431556335a72f9f2a3dee4.png

1. Export your 500 notes to a .enex file.
  2. Use a text editor to modify the author (mass edit)
  3. Import the .enex file.
  • Level 5*
9 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'm using a Mac, and use scripting to do mass changes.

On Windows, you can 
1) Export your 500 notes to a .enex file.
2) Use a text editor to modify the author.
3) Import the .enex file.

Maybe not 500 notes at a time.  ?

I should not have to do something external to do a mass deletion.   Editing or deleting in mass is standard with everyone else.  The worst part is I didn't even what the notes saved in the first place and now I need to delete one at a time - no wonder I don't use Evernote anymore.

• Level 5*
On 8/16/2018 at 3:34 PM, aejaie@carlas.com said:

I should not have to do something external to do a mass deletion.   Editing or deleting in mass is standard with everyone else.  The worst part is I didn't even what the notes saved in the first place and now I need to delete one at a time - no wonder I don't use Evernote anymore.

You didn't say what Evernote client you are using (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, web), but in the Windows client you can certainly do mass deletions. But you're not an Evernote user any more, so what do you care?

On 8/16/2018 at 8:34 PM, aejaie@carlas.com said:

It's not your "right" to be able to do it. If it's not available in EN then it's not available.

Archived