Feature Request: Hiting the HOME or END key takes user to Top or Bottom of note

As a user working with a note, I would like the ability to hit the END or HOME keys so that I can jump to the Bottom or Top of a lengthy note quickly.

Current State:
Hitting Home or End within a note does nothing

Future State:
Hitting Home takes the user to the top of the page.  Hitting End takes the user to the bottom of the page.  Helpful with lengthy notes. And likely a best practice.

• Level 5*
On 8/15/2018 at 12:51 PM, tgainar said:

As a user working with a note, I would like the ability to hit the END or HOME keys so that I can jump to the Bottom or Top of a lengthy note quickly.

You're posting in the Mac forum;  we don't have HOME or END keys

We have arrow keys.  Command⬆️ and Command⬇️ work

Then you, my friend, will be very excited to discover the Apple Keyboard With Numeric Keypad lineup for your Mac workstation. That is the most excellent apple keyboard connected to my Mac Book Pro -- has a set of HOME / END keys.  The Command + Arrow isn't as easy on the fingers with a full board and the keys (a single finger tap away) currently do nothing; hence this feature request. 

Perhaps more importantly, it would not only catch up with, but exceed, PC with this feature: now we have two different ways to full-page scroll, covering both standard and full keyboard sizes.  

Sounds like my set up is bit uncommon. But maybe it is just a simple key mapping addition to some sort of array or something.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/22/2018 at 12:49 AM, tgainar said:

Sounds like my set up is bit uncommon. But maybe it is just a simple key mapping addition to some sort of array or something.

Actually, not that uncommon for people either using an external monitor, or those using iMacs etc and an extended keyboard. 

I was here looking for a fast way to scroll back to the top of the list of notes from a shortcut in a notebook that may have hundreds of newer notes in it and the Home key does the trick; however, I do wish I could double-click "Notes" and have it scroll to the top.

• 1 year later...