Latest Evernote Update

Ever since I updated with the latest version, I encountered the following annoying issues: (sorry I don't usually criticize a product or service but the latest update really affected my user experience in a negative way).

1. In the previous version, after I clicked the "Simplify Formatting" option in a note using my mobile phone, the note normally retains the spaces in between each paragraph. But with the latest version, there are no more spaces between the paragraph, making it VERY hard to read. Just imagine reading an article without those spaces.

2. In the previous version, I can have a full view of a two-column table in my mobile phone screen. But after the latest update, I can only view one column and I need to swipe left or right to see the other column. This is really annoying and reduces my productivity because of having to swipe left and right just to see the information in the other column.

3. In the previous version, whenever I would edit a note, I need to tap the green circle button with a pencil symbol in the lower-right portion of the screen. But in the latest version, tapping anywhere in the screen would automatically open the editing tools. The negative effect with this is that a note can accidentally be edited if the user accidentally taps the screen. I still prefer the security of having to tap the green circle button to edit a note.

Please address the above issues Evernote. Thank you.

22 minutes ago, yrnam.g@gmail.com said:

Ever since I updated with the latest version, I encountered the following annoying issues: (sorry I don't usually criticize a product or service but the latest update really affected my user experience in a negative way).

1. In the previous version, after I clicked the "Simplify Formatting" option in a note using my mobile phone, the note normally retains the spaces in between each paragraph. But with the latest version, there are no more spaces between the paragraph, making it VERY hard to read. Just imagine reading an article without those spaces.

2. In the previous version, I can have a full view of a two-column table in my mobile phone screen. But after the latest update, I can only view one column and I need to swipe left or right to see the other column. This is really annoying and reduces my productivity because of having to swipe left and right just to see the information in the other column.

3. In the previous version, whenever I would edit a note, I need to tap the green circle button with a pencil symbol in the lower-right portion of the screen. But in the latest version, tapping anywhere in the screen would automatically open the editing tools. The negative effect with this is that a note can accidentally be edited if the user accidentally taps the screen. I still prefer the security of having to tap the green circle button to edit a note.

Please address the above issues Evernote. Thank you.

I assume you are on the Windows desktop app, is that correct? If so, we will move it to the Windows feedback | bug reporting forum for better response.

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

I assume you are on the Windows desktop app, is that correct?

The user appears to be using the mobile app (not sure if it's iOS or Android), but we can let them specify.

I'm using Evernote on Windows and I have a similar problem. I type into the note with spaces, but when I move out of the note and back to it, Evernote eats my spaces between paragraphs. I don't know why it does that, but it's extremely disturbing and it wasn't happening before a couple of updates ago.

Example:

"This is the text of my first paragraph and look how I'll separate it from the next one.

This is the text of my second one, and I need a space just above it.
"

What Evernote does to it:

"This is the text of my first paragraph and look how I'll separate it from the next one.
This is the text of my second one, and there's a space just above.
"

A month ago I had never seen that happen, but now it's happening all the time and it's out of control, to the point I have one note with a period on every blank line I want to keep... and this is horrible ):

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, AndreasM said:

Come on gurus, comment on this, a new bug introduced but it will work for you gurus, right? Everything works for you gurus. That's why the company is able to ignore its cutomer, because the gurus will always defend them.

Are you going to actually try to help this person, or are you just going to continue to troll?

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, Pyrefox said:

I'm using Evernote on Windows and I have a similar problem. I type into the note with spaces, but when I move out of the note and back to it, Evernote eats my spaces between paragraphs. I don't know why it does that, but it's extremely disturbing and it wasn't happening before a couple of updates ago.

Example:

"

"

A month ago I had never seen that happen, but now it's happening all the time and it's out of control, to the point I have one note with a period on every blank line I want to keep... and this is horrible ?

Not sure I am getting this.  I type a couple of lines in an existing note, with a blank line between them, go to another note and when I return the blank line is still there.  Is this what is happening to you?

On 8/15/2018 at 6:29 PM, Pyrefox said:

Example:

"

"

A month ago I had never seen that happen, but now it's happening all the time and it's out of control, to the point I have one note with a period on every blank line I want to keep... and this is horrible ?

I can't reproduce it and I've never seen this in previous releases either. I currently use Evernote for windows 6.13.14.7474 .

Which version do you have?

• Level 5*
On 8/15/2018 at 8:08 AM, yrnam.g@gmail.com said:

Ever since I updated with the latest versio

I removed your duplicate post in the Feature Request forum.  We'll address your issues in this discussion.

Is this the Android device/platform?

I have the same problem and it is intensely annoying. Enough that I have started storing web pages by other means.

When I clip 'Article' or 'Full page' the article is unreadable in my notebook as I have to scroll right to the bottom to use the horizontal scroll bar.

Generally, it's only a few words that are chopped off on the right - but this makes the whole note unusable.

I can't see a setting to change this - I'm not sure when it started exactly. I am using windows - but I'm using the web clipper and viewing the notes by logging on to Evernote 

Archived