Add links within a note

lmackinnon

Idea

Hi, 

If I have a long note, with multiple sections, I'd like to have some links at the top of the note. If I click on a link to say 'section 1' it would go to section 1 within the document. If I click on a link to 'section 2' it would go to section 2. etc. 

Like Wikipedia does, with a table of contents section at the top that links to sections within the wiki note. 

I thought it might work like HTML, where we would define anchor text and then link to that, but I can't seem to find functionality for that.

Adding this functionality would be helpful for long or complex notes, to make it easier to navigate around the note.

Also, as an extension this functionality could allow navigating from one note to a specific section of a different note - ie opening the note and then moving the cursor to a specific section of the note. 

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, lmackinnon said:

If I have a long note, with multiple sections, I'd like to have some links at the top of the note. If I click on a link to say 'section 1' it would go to section 1 within the document. If I click on a link to 'section 2' it would go to section 2. etc. 

This feature has been requested before but so far Evernote has not indicated an interest in this.

In the meantime, you might consider dividing your long note into separate sub-notes.
You can then include links at the top of the note.
In the example below, I have Evernote Note links, and also a keyword link (useable in text search).
I put them in a table, but a typical table of contents also works1250842120_ScreenShot2018-08-14at07_32_38.png.2185ce3c84da21c05c29c72d39255ede.png

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

This feature has been requested before but so far Evernote has not indicated an interest in this.

In the meantime, you might consider dividing your long note into separate sub-notes.
You can then include links at the top of the note.
In the example below, I have Evernote Note links, and also a keyword link (useable in text search).
I put them in a table, but a typical table of contents also works1250842120_ScreenShot2018-08-14at07_32_38.png.2185ce3c84da21c05c29c72d39255ede.png

It doesn't need to be as complicated.

Make your sub-notes, then select all of them, and create a Table of Contents:
https://www.evernote.com/l/AAY2Wyl-7WxLl7Q9N3926pjmTFGiqyLf2_k

Archived