Do I lose web access if I do not renew Premium?

Since Evernote is a cloud service, it would make sense to me that cloud access is primary.

But a better question might be, does the web version count as part of the two devices, or in addition to them? 

The web version is least desirable part of their service, nice to have when needed like while traveling, but lousy if it was one of only two ways.

If they ever force me out of Plus, I am going to Basic, not Premium.

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, IncrediMetaBeta said:

If I revert from Premium to Basic Service, because I am willing to lower the data quantity I clip from the Internet, can I still obtain/retain access to my notes online?

Yes

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

Since Evernote is a cloud service, it would make sense to me that cloud access is primary.

But a better question might be, does the web version count as part of the two devices, or in addition to them? 

The web version is least desirable part of their service, nice to have when needed like while traveling, but lousy if it was one of only two ways.

If they ever force me out of Plus, I am going to Basic, not Premium.

You can use 2 devices plus the web

• Level 5*

The web service does not qualify as one of the two services you can connect;  it's 2 devices plus the web version.  As long as you remember to sync both before and after you edit a note,  the two device limit is easy to live with - just swop your current 3rd device with one of the previous two,  sync it up to date,  and rock on...

So, the web service when free permits syncing with 2 and no more than 2 devices?  Is that the deal?

If that's the case, then I'm OK with my PC and smartphone, right?  I just should not add more?

And then, without Premium and only Basic, I can access the cloud version online through either device, right?

And I"m limited per month to how much data?

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, IncrediMetaBeta said:

So, the web service when free permits syncing with 2 and no more than 2 devices?  Is that the deal?

If that's the case, then I'm OK with my PC and smartphone, right?  I just should not add more?

And then, without Premium and only Basic, I can access the cloud version online through either device, right?

2 current devices,  yes;  but they can be swapped around as mentioned above.  Uploads are 60MB / month.

6 minutes ago, IncrediMetaBeta said:

60 megabytes, plenty if you don't use images a lot, problematic if you do.

I only upgraded from Basic because even though they tell you that you have two devices, in reality you are only allowed to download the data offline to one device (the desktop version), mobile devices are really online readers unless you upgrade.

Archived