Unable to install on my Windows Vista

I am still using Windows Vista(I know!).  Since it was not syncing for a couple of days, I tried reinstalling and it says "unsupported operating system". Considering that evernote has blocked access to earlier versions, is there anything that i can do to get it up and running?

I have a lot of stuff on Evernote and it will be very difficult for me to migrate to some other note taking app.

Also, if there is no other solution, can you please suggest me a good note taking app, which works on Windows Vista and across devices?

• Level 5*

No. Evernote is evidently using parts of Windows that Vista doesn't include, so they block it as it won't work even if you could get it installed.

The only thing you could do on Vista with Evernote is via the website, and that is if their website still supports the version of IE that Vista comes with. I know Chrome has stopped supporting Vista. Not sure about Firefox.

Most note taking services, except OneNote and Evernote, came along well after Vista, and neither OneNote nor Evernote support Vista. You can look at the list of notetaking apps here, but note that list can we woefully out of date. It listed Evernote and OneNote as both supporting XP and Vista, which it doesn't.

On 8/13/2018 at 11:59 PM, EdH said:

No. Evernote is evidently using parts of Windows that Vista doesn't include, so they block it as it won't work even if you could get it installed.

The only thing you could do on Vista with Evernote is via the website, and that is if their website still supports the version of IE that Vista comes with. I know Chrome has stopped supporting Vista. Not sure about Firefox.

Most note taking services, except OneNote and Evernote, came along well after Vista, and neither OneNote nor Evernote support Vista. You can look at the list of notetaking apps here, but note that list can we woefully out of date. It listed Evernote and OneNote as both supporting XP and Vista, which it doesn't.

Ok. Thanks for the info. Shall use the web version till I upgrade my windows.

Archived