Jump to content
AndreasM

Call to boycott any new Evernote version on any device

Recommended Posts

With the recent forced upgrade of Evernote for Windows and all the *****-ups with any new version on any device I am encouraging everybody to:

BOYCOTT any new version of Evernote on any device!!!

until the company produces a bug free version. We are paying them for the *****-ups.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

If you don't update your version,  how will you know when the bugs are fixed?  Just asking...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

If you don't update your version,  how will you know when the bugs are fixed?  Just asking...

We who do update will still complain :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AndreasM said:

BOYCOTT any new version of Evernote on any device!!!

I fully support your right to control which software you install on your devices.

And the good news is you'll still be able to access your data using the web platform.  ?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, AndreasM said:

With the recent forced upgrade of Evernote for Windows and all the *****-ups with any new version on any device I am encouraging everybody to:

BOYCOTT any new version of Evernote on any device!!!

until the company produces a bug free version. We are paying them for the *****-ups.

Not sure what happened with 6.8 but it feels like it has been a struggle for the Evernote team since then. 

I never (on any platform) stay on an older version. IOS new version comes out, I upgrade right away or any other update to any apps on my Mac, Windows or iPhone. 

This is the first time, I had to stay back on 6.7 for Windows app as I really could not work with the newer version. It impeded my workflow tremendously (started with lost content, lost photos etc.)

I really like improvement and change thus it does bug me to be on an older version...but this older version is better than the current version (for my needs and how I operate) which is sad to me.

I think there is great value in being able to say, you know what we messed up with this upgrade then we pushed our people to keep releasing updates but it got worse due to the time restrictions etc. we imposed on them. We are going to admit this is not our best work and we are going to take our time, punt and make it right. It might take longer but 6.15 or 7.0 will be awesome.

I would be glad to accept that explanation and wait on 6.7 as long as it takes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

new version comes out, I upgrade right away or any other update to any apps on my Mac, Windows or iPhone. 

I recommend doing a little research before upgrading.  Read the release notes and the feedback discussion.
If there's nothing featurewise that interests you, don't be in a hurry to upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post

I did like version 6.7 and keep a copy around in case a recent version starts chewing and spitting on my data, but I do understand why someone would be angry at being shut out of earlier versions.

I would be more concerned with whether the company will be around when the owners retire (I wonder how old they are).  I don't mind running outdated software without the company for a while, but that is not possible with a cloud service (I used to have Evernote version 2 for Windows on my computer, pre-cloud, can't find it right now).

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/13/2018 at 6:52 AM, AndreasM said:

With the recent forced upgrade of Evernote for Windows and all the *****-ups with any new version on any device I am encouraging everybody to:

BOYCOTT any new version of Evernote on any device!!!

until the company produces a bug free version. We are paying them for the *****-ups.

What why??? Theres things Evernote doesn't do well but its still a my Favorite notes app. The most powerful way to express is to first, comment and create a discussion thread stating your point of view. Consider also sending the Evernote team suggestions. Lastly, just ditch the platform for something new. The best way to "vote" is to take your business somewhere else. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, OMNIZEN said:

What why???

I think that was the point, there are things Evernote doesn't do well
I'm making use of the things that Evernote does well.  It's a glass half full, half empty thing.

I don't see any point in a software boycott, but I do recommend caution in installing upgrades.

>>but its still my Favorite notes app

I use the notes editor for basic notes but prefer other apps for notes, like Notability on an iPad 
I value Evernote more as my digital filing app

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, OMNIZEN said:

What why??? Theres things Evernote doesn't do well but its still a my Favorite notes app. The most powerful way to express is to first, comment and create a discussion thread stating your point of view. Consider also sending the Evernote team suggestions. Lastly, just ditch the platform for something new. The best way to "vote" is to take your business somewhere else. 

Why? Just see the comments to the newly released v 6.15., few hours ago.

Why should I add discussion thread while the entire forum is full of complains about tons of bugs? Just read the forum.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...