Index a notebook?

DanHK

I would like to create an index of every word in a notebook. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Basically, I’d like a word count of every word in the notebook, coupled with a link that would bring up all the entries that have that word in it. 

For example, the most popular word in the notebook would probably be “the.”  It would appear at the top of the list because it has the most occurrences. Beside that word would be the number of times it occurs in the notebook.  

Then, the second most popular word in the notebook would occur in the list, followed by the third most popular etc. 

is there a plug-in that does this already?  I’ve done a search But can’t find something similar. 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

• Level 5*

There's no concordance index currently available within Evernote, or afaik any plugins.
Evernote does perform an index process for search purposes.  Note, stop words like "the" are ignored.
On Macs, there is a second index (Spotlight) external to Evernote.
I don't know how to access either of these indexes.

• Level 5

@DanHK, can you say a little more about what you're trying to do? Is it just for this one notebook this one time, or is it a need you're liable to have for some time to come, involving multiple documents? There may be software that can do what you need, though Evernote is not it.

Hi everybody,

As this is my very first post on this forum I say hello to everybody.

I have the same requirement as @DanHK. I considered using an external indexing program (such as dtSearch or Archivarius) to index my exported notebooks. Can this make sense?

I look forward to reading any tips and hints about the matter.

Cheers.

Patrik

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, pg111 said:

I considered using an external indexing program (such as dtSearch or Archivarius) to index my exported notebooks. Can this make sense?

As part of my backups  I run a weekly full export in html format.  The data is automatically indexed by my Mac, and available for other indexing.

14 minutes ago, DTLow said:

As part of my backups  I run a weekly full export in html format.  The data is automatically indexed by my Mac, and available for other indexing.

Thanks for confirming. I think I will do the same on my Windows PC and set up a regular export/indexing schedule.

Archived