Using basic on two devices

I have loaded Evernote Basic on my laptop and  my Ipod.  I am finding that if I create a note on the IPod, I am able to see it on the laptop, but not able to edit or add info to it on the laptop. Am I doing something wrong, or is that the way it works?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

• Level 5*

The account level is Basic, the installed software is common for all accounts.

Data syncing is     device   <>   server    <>  device
You might check your data on the server using the web platform at www.evernote.com

Can you add more information on the edit problems on the laptop.  Are there any error messages displayed.

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

The account level is Basic, the installed software is common for all accounts.

Data syncing is     <device>  server  <device>
You might check your data on the server using the web platform at www.evernote.com

Can you add more information on the edit problems on the laptop.  Are there any error messages displayed.

There is no error message.  I open Evernote on my Dell laptop, and open one of the messages.  My cursor shows a pointing finger. i click to get a cursor, and nothing happens.  I can't add text, can't correct an error in existing text, etc.  When I do this, I have closed the app on the IPad, so I don't have the  same text open on two devices.  When I open a  new note on the laptop, I can add a title, but cannot get a cursor in the text box.  it just sits there and won't let me type anything.

• 2 weeks later...

But what about this on a Mac? I have a laptop and an iMac for Final Cut. I want to be able to see all Evernote notes on both computers.

Is the only way to do this at this time...by paying almost $100/yr to upgrade? I'd like a little more time getting to know Evernote before upgrading. Is that possible?

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, lanny@lcotler.com said:

But what about this on a Mac? I have a laptop and an iMac for Final Cut. I want to be able to see all Evernote notes on both computers.

These would count as 2 devices, so should be no problem. If you want to use it on a third device (e.g. a phone), you'd need to deactivate one of your original two devices. See https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068-Devices-FAQ

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, lanny@lcotler.com said:

Is the only way to do this at this time...by paying almost $100/yr to upgrade? I'd like a little more time getting to know Evernote before upgrading. Is that possible?

Note; web access is not counted in the two device limit.

• 5 weeks later...

I have EN linked to two devices, my cell phone and my desktop computer.  Recently, my desktop computer will not sync to update EN on my phone.  I signed in to my EN web account, and it is only showing one device.  I tried downloading EN again to my desktop, but I get an error message saying I can only use EN on two devices (even though its only showing one device in my account.  Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Archived