how to force download of offline content?

Hello

I have reinstalled Evernote on ios and I want to have all notes available offline. 

I have checked the good settings and I see a small green bar on all notebooks but they don't move frequently. If I open small notebooks and move in them it downloads everything but it doesn't download from others. 

Should I do something to force all downloads?

Thanks

• Level 5*

I have a separate offline notebook for select notes I need quickly.

The remaining notes download eventually; it could take over a week for 10GB

Make sure you enable Background App Refresh in Settings.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Fred V. said:

Hello

I have reinstalled Evernote on ios and I want to have all notes available offline. 

I have checked the good settings and I see a small green bar on all notebooks but they don't move frequently. If I open small notebooks and move in them it downloads everything but it doesn't download from others. 

Should I do something to force all downloads?

Thanks

You can do it overnight.  Check all the notebooks or all notes you want to be offline, plug the device in, turn off screen saver on your device, open EN on the device, and sync.  Depending on number of notes and note size it may get done in one night.

Still waiting for the notes to sync. 

I ha a notebook with only two notes but the progress bar is still not at the end. 

I love Evernote but such secret behaviour about what is downloading and what is not is really annoying

I am having same problem. One month ago i selected a notebook for offline access (for a trip to polynesia where there would be no wifi). Before i left i checked on airplane mode and it looked ok. After arriving at my destination i noticed that only about one third of the notebook had downloaded. I am trying it again now but am not sure it is working any better.

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, idoc said:

I am trying it again now but am not sure it is working any better.

The  notebook view provides a bar indication of the download status.

What confuses me  is when is this supposed to be happening? For example when I go to the section to sync I do not see that anything is actually syncing. Even  when I select sync it seems to indicate that a total sync has just occurred and nothing else needs to be done .However on my iPad I see a little swirling activity on the upper left-hand part of the screen which indicates that maybe something is syncing.  I just checked my notes and i think that a few more notes made it into the offline status.  

5 hours ago, DTLow said:

The  notebook view provides a bar indication of the download status.

Hello,

the problem I have is I have a notebook with two notes and the progress bar is at 2/3 full. It seems both are downloaded, I have modified them and re-sync but the progress bar doesn't change ..

So I have a doubt about the validity of some progress bars, I still don't know exactly what is downladed and what is not.

I will make a ticket about that case

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, idoc said:

What confuses me  is when is this supposed to be happening? 

Happens when EN is open in focus on the device, showing on the screen.  Background processing is supposed to do the job, but I have not found that to be reliable.  So best method I have found is to turn off auto lock and let it go.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Fred V. said:

by the way, i there a way to know if a specific note is downloaded offline or not ?

Turn off WiFi and cellular and then go to EN to see what you get.

26 minutes ago, CalS said:

Turn off WiFi and cellular and then go to EN to see what you get.

Too bad there is no icon or something .. Imagine somebody going to holidays where network is not present .. it's not easy to check whether Evernote has done the offline job or not .. (in my case i know that 1/2 of the notes are not synchronized after 3 days of having deleted and reloaded the app)

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, Fred V. said:

Too bad there is no icon or something .. Imagine somebody going to holidays where network is not present .. it's not easy to check whether Evernote has done the offline job or not .. (in my case i know that 1/2 of the notes are not synchronized after 3 days of having deleted and reloaded the app)

IMG_2497.thumb.jpg.3c2c299b239501c03eb50874cf341605.jpg
Here is a screenshot of my notebooks with download icons

To start, I downloaded specific notebooks for offline use
These are the two Shared Notebooks; it took about 20 minutes to complete and the icons show the download completed.  I confirmed the download with wifi off.

I then turned on full download.  My expectation is this will take about a week,  The icons show the download is in progress,

Hello,

thanks, it is the same for me but I don't see icons for notes, only for notebooks.. I wish I could be sure that a specific note is offline while the progress bar of a notebook is still visible.

Again I have issues about small notebooks with everything downloaded but still a progress bar ..

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, Fred V. said:

No offline indicator on notes; just on notebooks.
For specific notes, I assign them to a specific offline notebook.  I download this first.
For the other 12K notes, I won't know until the download is complete.
After the initial download future downloads are handled in the background promptly.

• Level 5*

Point of it all is, there isn't a simple bona fide indication anywhere in the app that says all notes and/or all offline notes have downloaded.  Maybe (???) it's in the activity log, but that would be Neanderthalic even if it did exist. 

That and it now takes forever to download offline content.  Wasn't that way in the past.

• Level 5*
52 minutes ago, CalS said:

Point of it all is, there isn't a simple bona fide indication anywhere in the app that says all notes and/or all offline notes have downloaded.

1740153733_ScreenShot2018-08-12at09_32_42.png.3aaeb80a432bcf33b9909e47d2c8b55b.png    No single indicator, but the notebook indicator works for me (minimal notebooks)

Note: This is dynamic, new notes waiting download are indicated by 291318273_ScreenShot2018-08-12at09_34_23.png.87dcbd7e4a0315a55570ffabdb312c3d.png
This is usually low volume and handled promptly.

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, DTLow said:

1740153733_ScreenShot2018-08-12at09_32_42.png.3aaeb80a432bcf33b9909e47d2c8b55b.png    No single indicator, but the notebook indicator works for me (minimal notebooks)

Note: This is dynamic, new notes waiting download are indicated by 291318273_ScreenShot2018-08-12at09_34_23.png.87dcbd7e4a0315a55570ffabdb312c3d.png
This is usually low volume and handled promptly.

Unfortunately not always accurate in my experience   Sorry to say.  

• Level 5*
On 8/11/2018 at 8:32 PM, idoc said:

For example when I go to the section to sync I do not see that anything is actually syncing. Even  when I select sync it seems to indicate that a total sync has just occurred and nothing else needs to be done 

Just wanted to clear up this.  The offline download is independent of the "sync" activity. 

• "Sync" downloads metadata; title, tags etc.
    It's small volume and on my iPad runs mostly in the background.
  • "Offline" downloads note content.

I have made a ticket about my issue in downloading.

They suggested me to go in Offline Notebooks settings, disable the Offline notebooks, then add the Notebooks one by one.

It worked fine.

I think that enabling Offline for all notebooks launches a big complicated download that can stuck some downloading. By doing one by one, it is really fast and the progress bar is correct and disappear as soon as the notebook is ok.

Too bad Evernote isn't  more explicit about that while downloading.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Fred V. said:

I have made a ticket about my issue in downloading.

They suggested me to go in Offline Notebooks settings, disable the Offline notebooks, then add the Notebooks one by one.

It worked fine.

I think that enabling Offline for all notebooks launches a big complicated download that can stuck some downloading. By doing one by one, it is really fast and the progress bar is correct and disappear as soon as the notebook is ok.

Too bad Evernote isn't  more explicit about that while downloading.

Or maybe EN could change the process to mimic the one at a time method should multiple notebooks be selected for offline.  What’s that old one liner, “If it hurts when you go like this, don’t go like this. “

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Fred V. said:

I start with a small notebook holding my critical notes and there's no issue.

My other notes (single notebook) take a long time (week+).  Not sure it's stuck; just volume.

Archived