6.6.4.5512 can not sync and login

Today I found that my EN windows 10 client (version 6.6.45512) can't sync my notes, so I tried logging out. Then I found I could not login back. Things come back to normal when I install the latest stable version 6.13 GA. So, can anyone tell me what happened there? I really need the older version because all the latest updates are full of bugs. Thanks.

Evernote Team blocked Evernote versions older than 6.7.6 due to a security flaw they found. They are refusing to create patches for older versions. I'm pissed because the newer versions beyond 6.5.4 have wide GIANT ASS margins on the sides. My employees use small monitors mounted to the wall, and I have spacing constraints. The margins reserved for tables make no sense. The devs could have made a floating table toolbar instead.

Anyways. They state that they are only supporting 6.7.6 and higher due to this security flaw. However, the patch they released for 6.7.6 is broken. So, you'll have to upgrade to 6.8.7. When they fix 6.7.6, then you can jump to that. Link to 6.8.7->> https://filehippo.com/download_evernote/80354/

57 分鐘前, Mike.說:

Evernote Team blocked Evernote versions older than 6.7.6 due to a security flaw they found. They are refusing to create patches for older versions. I'm pissed because the newer versions beyond 6.5.4 have wide GIANT ASS margins on the sides. My employees use small monitors mounted to the wall, and I have spacing constraints. The margins reserved for tables make no sense. The devs could have made a floating table toolbar instead.

Anyways. They state that they are only supporting 6.7.6 and higher due to this security flaw. However, the patch they released for 6.7.6 is broken. So, you'll have to upgrade to 6.8.7. When they fix 6.7.6, then you can jump to that. Link to 6.8.7->> https://filehippo.com/download_evernote/80354/

Thanks for providing this useful information and the download link. 

I think EN team should listen more to their clients. Hope things will get better in the future.

what the hell !!!

They are not serious , Many of us still rely on bug free version aka 6.7.5  ( drag and drop / pdf viewer ...)

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/111329-drag-and-drop-from-evernote-to-applications-not-working/

I don't think it has been fixed in the last release.

This time I will cancelled my subscription and I will roll back to one note.

At least, they have a decent dev team able to fix bug and maintain consistent feature across update.

xavier

6 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

*****, I should have waited. I upgraded to 6.13 and I am regretting every minute of it. 

Thanks for noticing the issue.

Did the same :( I upgraded few months ago to than newest version, and it had bugs that still haven't been fixed to 6.13. (horizontal rules only shoving every other line, huge icons for "in note draged" documents - pdf, word, excell). Very disappointed...

Same problem as everyone. I wrote to their security person Rich Tener who send the email notification and still no reply. Great. What the hell Evernote? At least give us option to stay with older version that is still working. All new versions are bug ridden with missing not only features but even UI elements. This is terrible. 

5 minutes ago, Krunoslav said:

Same problem as everyone. I wrote to their security person Rich Tener who send the email notification and still no reply. Great. What the hell Evernote? At least give us option to stay with older version that is still working. All new versions are bug ridden with missing not only features but even UI elements. This is terrible. 

I've been on 6.13 for an hour or two and I am super aggravated. Cursor moves to wherever and sometimes it disappears. I already lost the content of a note which was a screenshot and I have no idea what it is now.

I make bullet list, it creates it above where I want it. SHIFT + END acts like CTRL + SHIFT + END.

I understand that there will be bugs, but these issues are so easily noticeable. Therefore, my question: is anybody at Evernote using the app? You cannot NOT notice these. Somebody should say, hey let's fix these before we release them, these are pretty significant things that is happening right of the bat!

8 minutes ago, Krunoslav said:

I delited 6.13. and went with the Hotfix they provided (http://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe). Can say that I am at peace, for now it works the same as 6.7.5.5825 I had before plus it is the fix they provided so I assume it is the first of the save updates. Hope I do not find anything disturbing.

2 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

I've been on 6.13 for an hour or two and I am super aggravated. Cursor moves to wherever and sometimes it disappears. I already lost the content of a note which was a screenshot and I have no idea what it is now.

I make bullet list, it creates it above where I want it. SHIFT + END acts like CTRL + SHIFT + END.

I understand that there will be bugs, but these issues are so easily noticeable. Therefore, my question: is anybody at Evernote using the app? You cannot NOT notice these. Somebody should say, hey let's fix these before we release them, these are pretty significant things that is happening right of the bat!

Yeah the feedback on forums has been in a word; frustration ever since 6.5.4 version. But somehow, these developers managed to introduce more bugs with each new version, one worse than others and even if they fix one here and there it reappears two versions after that or they simply solve two bugs and introduce five more. I have tried to talk on it as many have on forums no change. I talked to people in marketing and they assured me they will do something, off course nothing happened. I can't reach anyone with any authority to fire the whole development team because without exaggeration they are simply incompetent. No self respecting team can do this much damage to their own product in each new release. 

We the users now don't even know a list of known bugs in each version after 6.5.4. I mean they are all unstable and buggy but some more than others. I don't even know which one is less worse than others. This is really terrible. 

2 minutes ago, Baliza said:

I delited 6.13. and went with the Hotfix they provided (http://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.7.6.7584.exe). Can say that I am at peace, for now it works the same as 6.7.5.5825 I had before plus it is the fix they provided so I assume it is the first of the save updates. Hope I do not find anything disturbing.

Does this version support Drag and Drop ? I depend on that for work. 

4 minutes ago, Krunoslav said:

Does this version support Drag and Drop ? I depend on that for work. 

If I understand You correctly, You mean Office documents like Word, to drag them into the note from lets say desktop. It does support this function.

10 minutes ago, Krunoslav said:

Yeah the feedback on forums has been in a word; frustration ever since 6.5.4 version. But somehow, these developers managed to introduce more bugs with each new version, one worse than others and even if they fix one here and there it reappears two versions after that or they simply solve two bugs and introduce five more. I have tried to talk on it as many have on forums no change. I talked to people in marketing and they assured me they will do something, off course nothing happened. I can't reach anyone with any authority to fire the whole development team because without exaggeration they are simply incompetent. No self respecting team can do this much damage to their own product in each new release. 

We the users now don't even know a list of known bugs in each version after 6.5.4. I mean they are all unstable and buggy but some more than others. I don't even know which one is less worse than others. This is really terrible. 

Just uninstalled 6.13 and reinstalling the 6.7 with the hotfix. Now going to have to wait for 14K+ notes to sync. Such a productivity killer as oppose to a productivity product lately! Disappointed.

Just now, Baliza said:

If I understand You correctly, You mean Office documents like Word, to drag them into the note from lets say desktop. It does support this function.

PDF's anything. in version 6.5.4 and earlier it worked with any file. Dropping one file or any kind from and to evernote, not issues. Than they I think changed PDF viewer and all went down hill from there. In some versions they fix it partially only to make it not work again in the next version and so on. Never mind the numerous other bugs that was one of the big reasons why I didn't upgrade. Are you a 100% sure or anyone else that dragging and dropping works. With all files, from and to evernote. It used to work and works well in 6.5.4, last known version that it works. 

Just now, TK0047 said:

Just uninstalled 6.13 and reinstalling the 6.7 with the hotfix. Now going to have to wait for 14K+ notes to sync. Such a productivity killer as oppose to a productivity product lately! Disappointed.

Can you please report back here if all works out well for you, I'm at 18 K + notes and 13 GB of data, that will take whole day of me just watching it do its thing and probably fail. If it works out for you , please let me know. I can't afford to stop working and not be sure it will work. Thank you so much. 

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

Now going to have to wait for 14K+ notes to sync

Are you re-downloading the database?  Last time I had to uninstall / install a new version,  I kept the database file and though a re-sync took a little while,  it didn't stop me working...

• Ex Employees
1 hour ago, Krunoslav said:

Are you a 100% sure or anyone else that dragging and dropping works.

I can confirm that the drag and drop issues were introduced in 6.8. There should be no issues with dragging dropping attachments to or from Evernote when using 6.7.6. 

3 minutes ago, Austin G said:

I can confirm that the drag and drop issues were introduced in 6.8. There should be no issues with dragging dropping attachments to or from Evernote when using 6.7.6. 

That is good, I do not want to lose drag and drop and you guys can't find a way to make it work again so, at least you kept the old way in 6.7.6. Its key productivity feature in a productivity app. 

That being said, are there any other known bugs in version 6.7.6 that I can expect? 

And just to make sure I have some back up, how do I back up my data prior to update. What is the best more reliable way since synchronization does not work. 

4 hours ago, Krunoslav said:

Can you please report back here if all works out well for you, I'm at 18 K + notes and 13 GB of data, that will take whole day of me just watching it do its thing and probably fail. If it works out for you , please let me know. I can't afford to stop working and not be sure it will work. Thank you so much. 

All seems to be working as normal. Back to beloved 6.7 version. Not sure how long the sync took though, had to go to a meeting.

13 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

All seems to be working as normal. Back to beloved 6.7 version. Not sure how long the sync took though, had to go to a meeting.

Thank you for getting back to me. Appreciated it. I upgraded as well  to Evernote 6.7.6.7584. So far it seems to work ok, but I'm on orange alert. 

• Level 5
5 hours ago, Baliza said:

Also @Krunoslav, does this version have the giant wide margins to accommodate the new tables? Guess it doesn't matter, I'm now locked out on 6.5.4 and not going to "yukgrade" to the bugfest of 6.13.

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

Are you re-downloading the database?  Last time I had to uninstall / install a new version,  I kept the database file and though a re-sync took a little while,  it didn't stop me working...

I think I was re-downloading the database. It started with zero notes and it was 100 or so in couple minutes, then 600 and so on. So I would think it was re-downloading the whole database.

2 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Also @Krunoslav, does this version have the giant wide margins to accommodate the new tables? Guess it doesn't matter, I'm now locked out on 6.5.4 and not going to "yukgrade" to the bugfest of 6.13.

Not sure if this is what you mean about the wide margins. it shows up everywhere. I don't see a way to turn it off. 

sshot-4.png

36 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I would recommend using 6.7 with the hotfix option.

I have the same problem, sync was not working, updated Evernote (now version: 6.13.14.7474 ) and after that it asks me for my password all the time and never syncs.   

The only solution is to downgrade to 6.7 and install the hotfix then? this is really annoying !!

Whats going on with Evernote. At work I have more than 10.000 notes and the newest version is so slow that I must use paper documents. Evernote team, we are in 2018.

Why every new version is more slower, have more bugs ... ? Do you need more money, more subscriptions to made product more unfunctionality.

Bravo, you are getting from the best to the worst.

22 hours ago, enriquep said:

I have the same problem, sync was not working, updated Evernote (now version: 6.13.14.7474 ) and after that it asks me for my password all the time and never syncs.   

The only solution is to downgrade to 6.7 and install the hotfix then? this is really annoying !!

6.13 should work just fine (relatively speaking to syncing). When you say "all the time", it does not accept it and you stay logged in? What does the activity log say for the sync issue?

• Ex Employees
On 8/12/2018 at 8:42 AM, enriquep said:

It sounds like the login after the update failed. Are you able to log in on the web without issues: https://www.evernote.com/Home.action?

Try completely signing out (File > Sign out), Quitting the app from the login screen (Evernote > Quit), and reopening again.

Let us know if you're unable to login on 6.13.14 after those steps. 

• 5 months later...
On 8/10/2018 at 5:38 PM, xavier G said:

what the hell !!!

They are not serious , Many of us still rely on bug free version aka 6.7.5  ( drag and drop / pdf viewer ...)

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/111329-drag-and-drop-from-evernote-to-applications-not-working/

I don't think it has been fixed in the last release.

This time I will cancelled my subscription and I will roll back to one note.

At least, they have a decent dev team able to fix bug and maintain consistent feature across update.

xavier

I Download and installed (as an administrator) Evernote for Windows http://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.7.4.5741.exe 

Still using it all good 

Archived