Automatic punctuation error.

I'm running android 6.0.1 on a Samsung A5 with evernote v 8.2

Today, while minding my own business and trying to get on with some work, the automatic punctuation decided to stop working. 

Double tapping space bar still gives a full stop/period however it doesn't automatically enter a space after that, nor is the next word capitalised. Entering a word via predictive text ends up with something like this: couco - I typed cou and pressed could. I ended up with couco. Very helpful. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled evernote. I changed the keyboard from Samsung default to Gboard. Changed back to samsung keyboard. All with no effect. 

Edit- I just installed evernote on my husband's phone - also samsung with 6.0.1 and logged into my account. It works fine there.  *cries into keyboard *

Any suggestions? 

Ps. Automatic punctuation works fine here! :(

Hi Gazumped 

I've tried uninstalling and installing evernote twice on this device and no luck. 

It still puts the full stop after I double tap space but deletes the space afterwards. Predictive text still doesn't work properly either 

I've checked my input settings via settings on the phone and nothing has changed. I don't have this issue in any other application so it's specific to Evernote. 

?

• Level 5

There were some reports of similar phenomena a year or two ago, sometimes resolved by changing onscreen keyboards, e.g., https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/97615-evernote-android-typing-completely-glitchy/ and https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/96757-upgraded-to-plus-and-now-punctuation-is-off-and-backspace-is-doing-weird-stuff/. Swiftkey was sometimes a culprit, but it sounds like you're not using that. What keyboard does your husband's phone use?

I've had a similar issue, starting last week.  I use Swype + Dragon keyboard, as I have for years, but on Thursday it stopped inserting spaces automatically.  It is fine for all other apps, so it is a compatibility issue between Evernote and the keyboard.

There has been another longer problem where the delete key sometimes corrupts a word, adding a letter as if the cursor was out of line when the delete occurred.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 8.0.0 with Evernote 8.2 and Swype 3.2.4.

Reverting to Samsung keyboard resolves the space issue but I don't want to have to use an inferior keyboard for one app.

Any suggestions? 

22 hours ago, Karen B said:

I've had a similar issue, starting last week.  I use Swype + Dragon keyboard, as I have for years, but on Thursday it stopped inserting spaces automatically.  It is fine for all other apps, so it is a compatibility issue between Evernote and the keyboard.

There has been another longer problem where the delete key sometimes corrupts a word, adding a letter as if the cursor was out of line when the delete occurred.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 8.0.0 with Evernote 8.2 and Swype 3.2.4.

Reverting to Samsung keyboard resolves the space issue but I don't want to have to use an inferior keyboard for one app.

Any suggestions? 

That's REALLY weird. I do use the Samsung keyboard! But I have the same issues. 

I've tried changing keyboards, but it didn't work for me. ?

Archived