Evernote contents visible for short time before lock

I'm using Evernote version 8.14.364655 on an iPhone 8 running iOS 11.4. I have Evernote configured to only allow entry upon a code or my TouchID. 

If I am starting Evernote fresh, or have killed the app prior and am starting it up again, there is a 1-2 second period in which the last-viewed contents of Evernote are completely visible before the lock kicks in. This is sometimes the last folder I was working in, or sometimes the "All Notes" screen. I sometimes have sensitive information stored as the most recent notes or the most recent folder, so this is totally unacceptable. 

If I am using Evernote, leave the app (but don't kill it), and then come back in: there is no delay and the lock is immediately visible. There is also no delay if I am switching back and forth between another app and Evernote. 

If there is something I can adjust in settings to fix this and not have ANY displayed info from Evernote before the lock kicks in, I'd love to know. Otherwise, I believe this is a bug that should be fixed immediately. Don't know if anybody else experiences the same thing; I had a hard time finding similar issues in the Forums. Thanks.

Archived