Is there a way to paste indented content into Evernote?

I typed screenshot 1 below in a code editor, indented with tab. (If you code, you know what it's like). If I copy it into MS Word, it can retain the indentation hierarchy with bullets as shown in screenshot 2. 

Is there a way to copy it into Evernote and also retain the indentation hierarchy? I tried to directly copy, and then apply bullets, and it messed up.

I think It has to be done with bullets though, because without bullets, lines won't wrap around with hangings.

image.thumb.png.d52556b9ba69b3409438df2306e3880f.png

image.png.186e8be34fa8196c9717cf3ea3434882.png

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Quuzuu said:

I typed screenshot 1 below in a code editor, indented with tab....Is there a way to copy it into Evernote and also retain the indentation hierarchy?

No, Evernote doesn't support tab indentations; I think this is a result of the enml/html base format.
Tabs in pasted text are converted to spaces; indentation is dropped.

A bullet list could be an indentation solution, but there's no direct conversion.

edit: I see that text indentation is supported by the editor on my Mac and uses html code 
<div style="margin-left: nnpx;">

37 minutes ago, DTLow said:

No, Evernote doesn't support tab indentations; I think this is a result of the enml/html base format.
Tabs in pasted text are converted to spaces; indentation is dropped.

A bullet list could be an indentation solution, but there's no direct conversion.

I did notice that tabs are converted to spaces, but it was irrelevant to my issue. I could set my code editor to use either spaces or tabs when I press the tab key, but the end result of pasting into EN is the same, which is indented with spaces. (Although it does make a difference when pasting into MS Word)

The indented spaces in EN are actually well preserved, the only issue is when a line wraps around it doesn't have hangings, that's why I wanted to use bullets. 

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Quuzuu said:

I could set my code editor to use either spaces or tabs when I press the tab key

Could you attach the editor output file below the pasted content so you can search for the text but copy/ paste if necessary from the editor file?

Archived