Matthew Mulvaney

Scannable for Android

Idea

Scannable was my absolute go-to app on my iPhone for any number of reasons (integration with other services, quality of the product, etc).

In moving to an Android device, I wish there was a standalone version of the Scannable app for Android. While the scanner within Evernote is okay, the Scannable app was most certainly better. It worked very with with so many other applications and services.

I am hopeful that the team at Evernote might consider releasing a standalone version of Scannable for Android. I know I would appreciate it and I suspect others would as well!

• Like 1

14 replies to this idea

There's also Text Fairy, simple but very serviceable for both direct OCRing of documents and doing OCR on existing photos. It can share the results to Evernote or to other apps on your device.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback. I tried a bunch of alternatives (AdobeScan, CamScanner, TinyScanner Pro, GeniusScan, Office Lens, and more) and all pale in comparison to the Evernote Scannable app for iOs.

Given that users pay for the Evernote experience, perhaps it's not too much to ask for the same apps across platforms?

23 minutes ago, Matthew Mulvaney said:

I tried a bunch of alternatives (AdobeScan, CamScanner, TinyScanner Pro, GeniusScan, Office Lens, and more) and all pale in comparison to the Evernote Scannable app for iOs.

I'm not an Android user but the alternatives seem comparable on the IOS platform.
What features are you  looking for?

for example ability to fix "auto page detection" which usually cut page sides along with text :((  option to "reorder" pages is also quite useful..

Complete agreed. Just changed from IP7+ to Mate 20x. Not to ignite OS wars but none is as fast (& sharp for its speed) . I used scannable and scanner pro by readdle before. And these app does not need prior reg like adobe

Using MS Office lens as an alternative, however prev in ios lens only allowed 10pages of pdf. Have not tried its limit yet. 

I too would like Scannable on Android.  Like Matthew, I was on Apple OS and have been using the app for a long time. Now thought I try android and found that it is not available! 

Is there a reason why it's not available on Android?

21 hours ago, korky said:

Is there a reason why it's not available on Android?

Hi.  Mainly I think because many of the features of Scannable were added to the main Evernote app,  and someone,  somewhere,  decided it wasn't cost effective to convert the iOS code to Android to mirror what already existed.  If you go to the top of this page there's a counter for users to register their support for the suggestion - that so far still stands at 0.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 9:33 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Mainly I think because many of the features of Scannable were added to the main Evernote app,  and someone,  somewhere,  decided it wasn't cost effective to convert the iOS code to Android to mirror what already existed.  If you go to the top of this page there's a counter for users to register their support for the suggestion - that so far still stands at 0.

voted HOT

• Like 1

Tried some of the other options, Scannable seems on the top without alternatives. Vote +1 for Android version. 

On 1/23/2019 at 9:33 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  We don't know,  but I wouldn't think so.

• Like 1

@gazumped Thanks for the quick response.

it's 0 because android users don't know the app scannable.

• Like 1