Rewarding points from referrals

Hi, I had just encouraged two of my colleagues to sign up for an Evernote account and install the same on their respective devices through Evernote referral. Regarding this, I have just checked my available points but it had shown that it is still zero. My first referral have been more than a week ago yet no point was credited to my account. I wish this issue could be fixed the soonest.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Some rules apply - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005427

What counts as a successful referral?

In order for your referrals to successfully earn you points, the people you invite must do both of the following:

1. Create a new Evernote account by clicking your unique referral link.
  2. Install the Evernote app and log in on a computer, phone, or tablet.

Logging in on a browser does not qualify as a referral. Each referral must be on a new device that has not downloaded Evernote previously. For example: if two people share a computer, you can only earn points for the first person that creates an account on that computer. If the second person instead creates an account and logs in on a mobile phone or other device, you would then earn points for that friend as well.

Hello. I've already satisfied the rules yet I still haven't been rewarded with any points at all. So far, I have confirmed two successful referrals from my colleagues creating an account in Evernote from the link I sent to them. Now, they have Evernote installed in their devices.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I also have the same problem. I am not much concerned about that but it seems like Evernote became buggy. It kicks me out of all my devices and say I logged in to other devices but in Device tab it shows the same devices that I am trying to login.

After 8 years of use, I might need to look into Notion or Google Keep/Drive. Evernote used to be good but it started becoming buggy.

The main problem is trying to get money out of basic users. You should act like a SaaS company, do not squeeze your small users for pennies you need to get bigger clients to pay your bill do not try get it from basic and tiny users because you will lose the market. 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, mjah said:

I also have the same problem.

The issue in this thread is getting paid for referrals

8 hours ago, mjah said:

do not squeeze your small users for pennies

And you're a Basic user earning money from referrals to your colleagues or friends?

Evernote is not a charity.  If you want to use their bandwidth and server space for your own projects it's probably a good idea to become a subscriber.

• Like 2
  • Level 5
On 5/28/2020 at 12:10 PM, mjah said:

The main problem is trying to get money out of basic users. You should act like a SaaS company, do not squeeze your small users for pennies you need to get bigger clients to pay your bill do not try get it from basic and tiny users because you will lose the market.

Sorry, I can't see where people using Evernote for free are a "market." They are people taking advantage of Evernote's decision to make much of its service available for free. That's a good decision for them, and it must be working somehow for Evernote, but I wouldn't call it a "market," since a market involves an exchange of money or goods. (I'm not an economist; perhaps someone who knows better will correct me.) In honesty, what will Evernote lose if all the free users go away? I don't consider myself a big client; I have just over 1,000 notes, which is not very many compared to some users. But I consider Evernote Premium to be worth every penny for my purposes, and that makes me part of Evernote's actual market.

Since it seems that your main problem is that Evernote is acting buggy by preventing you from accessing devices that should be available to you, let me suggest that you create a separate thread with that problem, and someone here may be able to help you.