Ever Better: Refreshing the Evernote Brand Read more... ×
LuizSiqueiraNeto

Integration with contracts

Idea

I think the best place for contacts is in the contracts app. I want to be able to create a note that lists contacts by name that are in my contacts application, I want to be able to touch the name in the list and than open that contact in the contact app. I can't find a way to do that in any note app, all note apps copy contacts and duplicate information making it difficult to user manage it. I want a solution for that.

5 replies to this idea

If you identify your device/platform, you'll get specific responses.

On my Apple devices Contact information is maintained in the cloud and would be a better candidate for such access.

Nowadays I use Android and Windows 10, however I intend to use Mac and IOS again. What do you mean by cloud, iCloud?

On 8/4/2018 at 1:22 PM, LuizSiqueiraNeto said:

Nowadays I use Android and Windows 10, however I intend to use Mac and IOS again. What do you mean by cloud, iCloud?

If your contact information is stored on your Android device, it's unlikely that any other devices will get access.
The contact information must be sync'd to all devices, or be available via the internet (cloud).

Apple stores their data at servers named iCloud accessed via the internet.

All my contacts are in the clouds, I have no problem having them in ICloud, Google or Microsoft Outlook. My problem is not knowing how, without copying them, have them at my disposal in Evernote so I can make list with contacts that will be opened in the Contacts application. I don't know how to relate contacts in the native Contacts application, either IOS or Android, with notes without the need to copy them into Evernote.

On 8/4/2018 at 11:54 AM, LuizSiqueiraNeto said:

I think the best place for contacts is in the contracts app.

I agree with you on this (Contacts app for contacts)
however Evernote has a benefit in that data is sync'd to all devices; Windows, Apple, Android, Web.

I was unable to link to contact entries in the contacts app.  The best I could do was scripting on my Mac.

I was able to link the other direction.  My contact entries carry a link back to an Evernote note for business card and other info.