Evernote for Windows 6.14 Beta 3

Chantal Leonard

Hi Folks - 

We're releasing version 6.14 Beta 3. You can download it here, or check for updates if you have beta features turned on. For Beta 3, we've removed the Notes from the Notebooks view which should help with some of the performance issues reported with that view. In addition, we - 

• Put some finishing touches on the Share Note button updates
  • Fixed an issue with toolbar settings getting lost on upgrade
  • Fixed an issue where you were unable to drag and drop a file/multiple files from desktop or folder to note into Evernote 
  • Fixed an issue where "All Notes" is highlighted when a user clicks the "Shared" item in the left panel
  • Made some improvements around saving notes as you type so this should happen more quickly

Please give this a go and let us know what you think. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Windows team

Release Notes for Version 6.14

Note: Versions 6.14 is supported in Windows OS versions 7 and up.

Fixed:

- Losing of indent for ordered list after switching notes

- Note changes aren't saved when quickly navigating away from the note

- Cannot delete via right click menu -> delete on inline PDF.

- Unable to invoke Assign Tags dialog in single note view in joined notebook/space with view permission by Ctrl+Alt+T hotkey

- Sharing: Shared section only displays after re-launching the Evernote app

- Sharing: fail to show shared section when first "clean" login to an account

- Sharing: The notebook name is not updated immediately in Shared section

Improved:

- Sharing: improving the ease of finding the Share options by adding a label to the Note option. 

- Performance: you should see improved responsiveness in the app when typing and syncing.

New:

- We've introduced a Notebooks view to Evernote for Windows making it easier to view and manage your notebooks from one place

Tags turn "invisible". Reported 2018-03-21
http://www.evernote.com/l/AJDRYO7yD5pNGqe8lTVHvR9A-JyKoYf4NZA/
(should I just give up on this one?  it's been just over 4 months now)

activty list - no sort order?  appears random - reported 2018-07-21

Notebook view remains a lost cause
http://www.evernote.com/l/AJCPexiPo-5A1aQrGFyeEe6RfZkBbjwDCSY/
* is it supposed to show the notes in a list view or not?  I know it used to and that was presumably a performance problem - now it isn't showing the notes, but still takes 'almost a second between clicking on notebooks to actually move and select the notebook.  I'm counting 8-10 seconds to go into notebook view initially too.   i7, 16gb ram, 512gb ssd. 

Will do some additional testing next week.  Hoping to be off grid in the mountains for the long weekend here (Canada).

Any chance you folks fixed the syncing issue between platforms?  Shortcuts get messed up and I"m questioning the integrity of notes, but then that might have been from other bugs.

Hi,

Let's be honest. Your current UI/UX is a *****-show. Your developers are not good at design, and I have doubts about their coding skills in general. One thing is changed or added, a button is moved, and something else brakes. He's struggling. Cut him off and find someone who knows their stuff. Please, scrap your current design. Moving around buttons isn't going to fix anything. 

I'm a premium user, and I will continue using Evernote regardless of if you listen to my feedback. Version 6.5.4 was the best version you've had thus far. Since then, it's been a *****-show. I took 30 seconds and looked through Pinterest and found several better examples of what Evernote could look like. Scrap the current design and make Evernote modern. Use Microsoft's new fluid design. Examples below. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EePBJ38Shh0

Image result for evernote ui concept

Image result for evernote ui concept

Image result for evernote redesign

Look, I'm Not Trying to Be A Dick.

I'm just beyond frustrated. When Evernote was completely free with no syncing restrictions, I still paid for the Premium version. I didn't need it at the time, but I wanted to support a product that became a core part of how I run my business. There is nothing like Evernote. Nothing. Not even OneNote compares. Let me give you a quick tour...

How I Use Evernote to Effortlessly Run My Business

1. I run a company, with a team of 5 people not including me. Evernote and Slack are the heart of my business. Everything goes in Evernote. Paper Work Orders are filled out and signed by customer electronically using a Surface Pro 4. Uploaded to Evernote on client's file. We document all interactions with clients, meetings, training material, training curriculum and course material for the interns, the list goes on and on.
  2. Integration with IFTTT is fantastic. I make my employees use Slack for our team communication. We discuss customers, projects, etc. Anytime a customer Work Order is added to a certain tag, IFTTT posts in the Slack channel. Everyone knows everything that's going on. I run a tight ship. Evernote is a huge part of making my well oiled machine work.

Each release, each beta, I download inside a Virtual Machine, hoping that finally you guys have listened. How about going here >> https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/304-general-feature-requests/?sortby=forums_topics.question_rating&sortdirection=desc and implement the top 5 things we've been asking for years for. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, EdH said:

What just wiped out my toolbar? AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!! Everything is gone except SYNC! I just installed b3 this morning. I am so stupid.

One shouldn't have to, but I started taking a print screen of the main window prior to any updates.  That and screen shots of the options panels whenever I change one.  Again, shouldn't have to, but...

• Level 5

I want to thank the people who try out the Evernote betas. 

Personally, I stopped accepting betas a couple years ago and stay on the sidelines. I have found it is safer to wait at least a couple months after the release of the general release to see if the dust settles. 

4 hours ago, jbenson2 said:

I have found it is safer to wait at least a couple months after the release of the general release to see if the dust settles. 

6.13 GA introduced some new bugs, I fear another GA might be released without those being fixed (the new ones, not even looking at the old ones). 

It is difficult to report the same bugs every single beta without some disappointment (figuring they already know, etc).

Yet I  found that jumping between "safe" and latest versions can cause problem with my data, so it seems safer to update and stay the course . . . :unsure:

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, jbenson2 said:

I want to thank the people who try out the Evernote betas. 

Personally, I stopped accepting betas a couple years ago and stay on the sidelines. I have found it is safer to wait at least a couple months after the release of the general release to see if the dust settles. 

I'm still current but have stopped using Betas if there are no fixes or changes that are of interest to me.  Change of merit in this Beta seems to be a notebooks view, meh for me.  I'll move to the GA shortly after it is released.  And do another Beta when something of interest appears.  FWIW.

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, CalS said:

I'm still current but have stopped using Betas if there are no fixes or changes that are of interest to me.  Change of merit in this Beta seems to be a notebooks view, meh for me.  I'll move to the GA shortly after it is released.  And do another Beta when something of interest appears.  FWIW.

I agree. The notebook view seems redundant and is tucked away.

• Level 5*

Bug - zoom is.. uncancellable.  I inadvertently hit Ctrl+ the scroll wheel on my mouse while hovering over a PDF and zoomed in to about x1000.  After trying Ctrl+0 to go back to 1:1 and Ctrl+opposite scroll to reduce the size,  I used Ctrl+ the plus and minus buttons to reduce the size.  Also tried Format > Zoom > Zoom Out.

After 10 minutes of trying,  this is what my notes look like ?

ScreenClip.png.0121bc9fad22b1e9b64188d1ae016ab4.png

NB the width of the scroll bar and this should be 11pt text.

I'll hope that a restart can fix this, otherwise it's tablets and the web for me for a while...   :(

Edit:  All notes are affected too,  not just the one I fat fingered...

On 8/5/2018 at 10:50 AM, EdH said:

What just wiped out my toolbar? AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!! Everything is gone except SYNC! I just installed b3 this morning. I am so stupid.

This has been fixed in the latest release. But there is an edge case that can't be fixed... When we recognize the default has changed, the old code deleted the registry setting and wrote the new one (with the default value). The installer then comes along and 'Oh upgrade, let me kill off EN' which doesn't allow EN to properly flush the current settings back to the registry. (The fix makes sure we flush when we recognize the default has changed) If you're on a current beta, simply doing a File->Exit will ensure registry settings are properly flushed. (There's another fix I want to do, but it affects thousands of lines of code, so I haven't gotten approval for it yet!)

• Level 5*

This might have been reported earlier, but I just upgraded to 6.14 from 6.11 on my secondary PC and it seems like some Unicode characters are no longer displayed in my tag names. I have 1000+ tags with these characters.. 

So far i listed the following:

❢ ❞ ★ ⍮ ⎋ ⎆

http://graphemica.com/❢

http://graphemica.com/❞

http://graphemica.com/★

http://graphemica.com/⍮

http://graphemica.com/⎋

http://graphemica.com/⎆

Seems like this causes sync failure as well, as those tags can't sync with the placeholder character.

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, dconnet said:

This has been fixed in the latest release. But there is an edge case that can't be fixed... When we recognize the default has changed, the old code deleted the registry setting and wrote the new one (with the default value). The installer then comes along and 'Oh upgrade, let me kill off EN' which doesn't allow EN to properly flush the current settings back to the registry.

So the edge case is someone that doesn't have the default toolbar?

On 8/2/2018 at 9:13 PM, Chantal Leonard said:

.. For Beta 3, we've removed the Notes from the Notebooks view which should help with some of the performance issues reported with that view

Playing dumb here .. What is the "Notebooks view ?" My view config is the 3 panels, Left Panel, Note List, Note Panel. I don't want to update to something that will remove this particular view config. Probably, the view of all the Notebooks, which lists all notebooks. correct. What happens instead when you click on the top level "Notesbook View"

ScreenCapture 08062018000.jpg

4 hours ago, gustavgi said:

This might have been reported earlier, but I just upgraded to 6.14 from 6.11 on my secondary PC and it seems like some Unicode characters are no longer displayed in my tag names. I have 1000+ tags with these characters.. 

❢ ❞ ★ ⍮ ⎋ ⎆ can't sync with the placeholder character.

Is it posible it is a data corruption issue?  I copied and pasted what you posted into notes and tags, no problems with display or sync.

I love using funky characters, but they are not searchable, so that limits their usefulness, though they can be used to sort tags in different ways.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, dconnet said:

And doesn't restart Evernote after doing the previous upgrade.

Ahhh.... thanks. I’d argue that isn’t edge case for beta installers, but that is a simple workaround. 

And doesn't restart Evernote after doing the previous upgrade.

Just to be sure, doesn't rebooting my computer count as restarting Evernote?  I never restart Evernote, but I do reboot often.

Even in attachment-mode, I cannot copy & paste PDFs in Beta 3 (right mouse button –> copy). It seems like it is just ignoring the copy command for PDFs…

Drag and drop is also not working.

If I remember this bug appeared in some beta before. If I remember correctly, in beta 1 and 2 it was working.

What I do is to write text in front and after the pdf and copy all of that. Then it works…

On 8/5/2018 at 3:18 PM, Mike. said:

How I Use Evernote to Effortlessly Run My Business

1. I run a company, with a team of 5 people not including me. Evernote and Slack are the heart of my business. Everything goes in Evernote. Paper Work Orders are filled out and signed by customer electronically using a Surface Pro 4. Uploaded to Evernote on client's file. We document all interactions with clients, meetings, training material, training curriculum and course material for the interns, the list goes on and on.
  2. Integration with IFTTT is fantastic. I make my employees use Slack for our team communication. We discuss customers, projects, etc. Anytime a customer Work Order is added to a certain tag, IFTTT posts in the Slack channel. Everyone knows everything that's going on. I run a tight ship. Evernote is a huge part of making my well oiled machine work.

Hi @Mike.,

this is almost off-topic but I would be actually quite interested how you have set up this Evernote - Slack - IFTTT - filing system in detail. It sounds like a system I would love to have.

EN is sometimes posting some best practice cases through blogs and I would love to read more about how you connected these systems, notebook structure, etc so it works smooth. I think this could be helpful for a lot of people (who doesn't want to have a well oiled machine!).

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, gustavgi said:

❢ ❞ ★ ⍮ ⎋ ⎆

http://graphemica.com/❢

http://graphemica.com/❞

http://graphemica.com/★

http://graphemica.com/⍮

http://graphemica.com/⎋

http://graphemica.com/⎆

Seems like this causes sync failure as well, as those tags can't sync with the placeholder character.

12 hours ago, Don Dz said:

Is it posible it is a data corruption issue?  I copied and pasted what you posted into notes and tags, no problems with display or sync.

I love using funky characters, but they are not searchable, so that limits their usefulness, though they can be used to sort tags in different ways.

Actually it now seems to be a Windows issue, as this problem only pops up on the 1 of 3 PCs where I am using a new Windows 10 Insider beta build (and where the looks of all Unicode symbols in Evernote has changed).

It seems like Microsoft updated the appearance of all the Unicode characters to Unicode 11 in the latest build, and some got lost.. Hopefully this is fixed before the release in two months..

10 hours ago, Don Dz said:

Just to be sure, doesn't rebooting my computer count as restarting Evernote?  I never restart Evernote, but I do reboot often.

If Evernote is shutdown because of the reboot - no. We have issues saving everything to the registry when the app is force-shutdown. (You'll see many posts in the forums about "to make sure everything is saved, do a File->Exit". Yes, it's embarrassing. Yes, I'd like to fix it properly. No, I have not been allocated the time.)

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, dconnet said:

No, I have not been allocated the time.

By the power vested in me as a bona fide "Super Guru" per the forum status indicator, I do hereby bequeath to you a sufficient time allocation to make this change.

You're welcome.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, EdH said:

By the power vested in me as a bona fide "Super Guru" per the forum status indicator, I do hereby bequeath to you a sufficient time allocation to make this change.

You're welcome.

?

A bequest given by he who hath nothing but an empty title. :) 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dconnet said:

If Evernote is shutdown because of the reboot - no. We have issues saving everything to the registry when the app is force-shutdown. (You'll see many posts in the forums about "to make sure everything is saved, do a File->Exit". Yes, it's embarrassing. Yes, I'd like to fix it properly. No, I have not been allocated the time.)

Couldn't find the "Sympathy" icon, so I had to use "Sad" instead...

Well, on the bright side, I was not even aware there was a way  to save my settings before an update, until this discussion, so there is that.

Anyone else having print quality degradation? 

I can take a screen shot and quality remains, but print (to PDF) and it goes pixelated.  see before and after screens below.  
I can take a screen shot, save into clipboard and print the image with no degradation of quality directly.  As soon as it hits evernote, however, I get the pixelation/artifacting.

original:

ScreenClip1.thumb.png.61d4b92236b189300df9f07035cbaabe.png

after print to pdf:

ScreenClip2.png.815a664c4a7b5a43cef76b02463152c7.png

Only me who have problem with pasting clips into a note? Doing screen clip to a new note is not a problem. 

The function I tend to use the most is copy snip to clipboard and pasting to note. I was not able to on Beta 1, and not able to on Beta 3. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, TYVM_23 said:

Only me who have problem with pasting clips into a note?

Er,  yes I think so. 

I can clip and paste - does pasting to the desktop and then pasting into the note help?

8 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Er,  yes I think so. 

I can clip and paste - does pasting to the desktop and then pasting into the note help?

I cannot copy a picture and paste it into a note. I can drag and drop, no problem. 

And when I have done a screenclip to clipboard, I have no problem pasting it into other applications, however to Evernote does not work. I can see the note updating, however nothing appears.

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

With pictures (and any other file) and this beta,  you need to attach by paperclip, not D&D.  Bug - reported already.

I have no problem with D&D though. Both pictures and other files.  

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, TYVM_23 said:

I have no problem with D&D though. Both pictures and other files.  

??? You're right - I couldn't D&D yesterday,  though I can today - and I slept the computer in between;  no restart.  I did restart Evernote,  so maybe that fixed my issue.

Anyhoo...  just tested copy/ pasting pictures and that works fine.  And copy/ paste from a web page works for me too...  going for a lie-down soon!!

8 minutes ago, gazumped said:

??? You're right - I couldn't D&D yesterday,  though I can today - and I slept the computer in between;  no restart.  I did restart Evernote,  so maybe that fixed my issue.

Anyhoo...  just tested copy/ pasting pictures and that works fine.  And copy/ paste from a web page works for me too...  going for a lie-down soon!!

Hah, I'm able to paste if I right-click and Paste. However CTRL-V does not work. Wonder if it has anything to do with my settings. As I had the option before to paste without formatting. I don't see this option anymore. 

Anyways, I can cope with Right-Click and Paste for some time.. 

6.13.14 bug - sorry, unable to test on a newer version right now - so perhaps someone else can double check it... but spotted this bug with a business card scan - an internal link to a note didn't resolve into 'friendly view' - a clickable note title - only get the full URL.  Pasting it into a regular note and I had the expected behavior of note title hyperlinked to the note within EN.

Apologies if this is fixed in this current version - can't test for a few days until I get back to my other laptop, but thought I'd point it out just in case.

ScreenClip.thumb.png.40f8e4cd6d441a1149837de8d0993ab8.png

3 hours ago, ej8899 said:

6.13.14 bug - sorry, unable to test on a newer version right now - so perhaps someone else can double check it... but spotted this bug with a business card scan - an internal link to a note didn't resolve into 'friendly view' - a clickable note title - only get the full URL.  Pasting it into a regular note and I had the expected behavior of note title hyperlinked to the note within EN.

Apologies if this is fixed in this current version - can't test for a few days until I get back to my other laptop, but thought I'd point it out just in case.

AFAIK this never worked - I hate this as I use a lot of internal links to jump through projects and every time I come to a business card, I get stuck as for some irrational reason there cannot be any links in the notes section.

There is a thread about this and smart people recommended me to make dedicated "proper" notes for people to store - well - notes. That is what I do and I just add a link to the business card and only get stuck when I do need the business card picture and/or contact details (which are usually managed through MS exchange so I do not use that much). (EDIT: no, you cannot link the business card note with the notes note... I usually write "see notes" in the business card note to remind myself that there is another note with more info/notes available)

IMHO this is terrible design especially in a business setting as the whole work flow comes to a halt when reaching a contact and one has to manually go back to the project note. It is even more terrible design for EN business accounts I would imagine - especially as editing these contacts only works properly through iOS (and Android I guess) apps. There is also no way to replace a business card picture. So if your contact gets promoted or changes company, you will have to make a completely new contact note. Depending on how heavily you use internal linking this could be a huge pain...

Could be an awesome feature but at the moment it is just good to store a business card picture in a slightly more pretty way than just adding a picture to a note...

When are you guys planning on making tags view (Alt-F2) to sort stacks like the new Notebooks view (Alt-F1)? 

I was thinking I could get used to what you guys are pushing towards with the Notebooks view and a hidden Left Panel, but only if tags view was not purely alphabetical. 

Would also be nice if both stack views were collapsible like in the regular left panel view.

I am guessing it is not for 6.14 GA  . . .

By the way, the current full tags view (Ctrl-Shift-T) is nearly invisible, something wrong with the colors on white background. 

• Level 5*

Updated to this beta today, thought it was the GA based upon the release notes in the download panel, don't remember seeing prerelease in the verbiage.  IAC

1. My user dictionary got schmegged, anything words previously added aren't anymore.  In its place I have two files on my desktop. Custom Dictionary.txt and Custom Dictionaary.txt.backup.  This happened once before, why the reprise?
  2. Still can't drag text from one note to another.  It looks like it is working, plus sign and light gray text, but nothing happens after the drop.
On 8/3/2018 at 9:13 AM, Chantal Leonard said:

Hi Folks - 

We're releasing version 6.14 Beta 3. You can download it here, or check for updates if you have beta features turned on. For Beta 3, we've removed the Notes from the Notebooks view which should help with some of the performance issues reported with that view. In addition, we - 

• Put some finishing touches on the Share Note button updates
  • Fixed an issue with toolbar settings getting lost on upgrade
  • Fixed an issue where you were unable to drag and drop a file/multiple files from desktop or folder to note into Evernote 
  • Fixed an issue where "All Notes" is highlighted when a user clicks the "Shared" item in the left panel
  • Made some improvements around saving notes as you type so this should happen more quickly

Please give this a go and let us know what you think. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Windows team

Release Notes for Version 6.14

Note: Versions 6.14 is supported in Windows OS versions 7 and up.

Fixed:

- Losing of indent for ordered list after switching notes

- Note changes aren't saved when quickly navigating away from the note

- Cannot delete via right click menu -> delete on inline PDF.

- Unable to invoke Assign Tags dialog in single note view in joined notebook/space with view permission by Ctrl+Alt+T hotkey

- Sharing: Shared section only displays after re-launching the Evernote app

- Sharing: fail to show shared section when first "clean" login to an account

- Sharing: The notebook name is not updated immediately in Shared section

Improved:

- Sharing: improving the ease of finding the Share options by adding a label to the Note option. 

- Performance: you should see improved responsiveness in the app when typing and syncing.

New:

- We've introduced a Notebooks view to Evernote for Windows making it easier to view and manage your notebooks from one place

Vietnamese characters are not displayed correctly in the title. Please fix this.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkmGfHN6zgiVoahVxniOokjBLE_WPw

• Level 5*
On 8/10/2018 at 12:30 AM, Don Dz said:

When are you guys planning on making tags view (Alt-F2) to sort stacks like the new Notebooks view (Alt-F1)? 

A bit of terminology: Tags view is what you get when you click on the Tags item in the left column, per its tooltip (or use its shortcut Alt+Shift+T or its menu item). That view does show the tag hierarchy. Your use of "tags view" had me confused for a bit.

Anyways, Alt+F2 brings up the tag selector. Might be an UI issue with presenting the full tag hierarchy, as they can be arbitrarily deep, wheras notebook and stacks are not. On the other hand, they are infix-filterable: you can type some characters, and the tag list is filtered as if you'd stuck wildcards on both ends of the filter string, which is handy. I'd rather do that than claw my way up and down tag hierarchies, most of the time at least, Not saying that presenting the hierarchy there would be a bad thing, but it does tend to complicate the UI somewhat.

1 hour ago, jefito said:

A bit of terminology: Tags view is what you get when you click on the Tags item in the left column, per its tooltip (or use its shortcut Alt+Shift+T or its menu item). That view does show the tag hierarchy. Your use of "tags view" had me confused for a bit.

Sorry, I meant the unstacked tags view you get when clicking on it while the Left panel is closed (you get it stacked when it's open), though both tags views are kind of messed up on my computer (a bug others already reported). 

Notebook view shows stacks in both open and closed Left Panel.

Your suggestion makes some sense, if you remember your tags.  I have too many to keep track, so I use semantic trees that have helped me to finally stop creating tags semantically similar to previous ones.  Can't imagine working without it now.

• Level 5*
39 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

Sorry, I meant the unstacked tags view you get when clicking on it while the Left panel is closed (you get it stacked when it's open), though both tags views are kind of messed up on my computer (a bug others already reported). 

Notebook view shows stacks in both open and closed Left Panel.

Your suggestion makes some sense, if you remember your tags.  I have too many to keep track, so I use semantic trees that have helped me to finally stop creating tags semantically similar to previous ones.  Can't imagine working without it now.

With the left panel open if you click on Tags all tags will be displayed (list and note windows are replaced by tags, top to bottom left to right).

15 minutes ago, CalS said:

With the left panel open if you click on Tags all tags will be displayed (list and note windows are replaced by tags, top to bottom left to right).

Correct, but with the Left Panel open, I might as well use the Left Panel itself.

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

Correct, but with the Left Panel open, I might as well use the Left Panel itself.

Okay, got it now, show parent/child tags with left panel closed.  

I've had the left panel closed forever now, I like the extra real estate in side list for the note list and note.  I use Ctrl+Alt+T to bulk assign tags or the tag fields in the note panel for a single note.  I don't add new tags much anymore, other than project tags, so not that hard to remember most of them, 400 or so at this point.  Don't ask me to recite them, but they come back when needed. 

Still using 6.11, checked each version, and continued to roll-back, this is just ridiculous, can't copy entire tables, columns and templates to other notes, (CTRL + C is ignored, Menu > Edit >  Copy > is ignored ) it's completely unusable for my style of work. Maybe its time let forget the eye-candy. A new shiny Icon, and cosmetic appearances just doesn't make up for what has been lost.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Lemonope said:

Still using 6.11, checked each version, and continued to roll-back, this is just ridiculous, can't copy entire tables, columns and templates to other notes, (CTRL + C is ignored, Menu > Edit >  Copy > is ignored ) it's completely unusable for my style of work. Maybe its time let forget the eye-candy. A new shiny Icon, and cosmetic appearances just doesn't make up for what has been lost.

OK, but you're posting in a 6.14 beta 3 specific topic, not particularly relevant to 6.11. In t6.14 beta 3, I can copy entire tables or selected sections, using Ctrl+C or Edit / Copy, and paste them elsewhere.

• Level 5*

Anyone have issues with EN not syncing? I have a note that was last updated August 14 at 6pm (yesterday from time of this post) that still had the black dot next to it. I didn't get to investigate as I only noticed it when I was manually closing Excel so I could apply my Patch Tuesday stuff, and I didn't want to lose my toolbar again by having Windows close Evernote for me.

When I selected Exit, Evernote sync'd all notes, including that one, so the black sync dot when away before Evernote Exited.

All of my sync boxes are checked in preferences and set to 5min intervals.

Any ideas?

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, EdH said:

Anyone have issues with EN not syncing? I have a note that was last updated August 14 at 6pm (yesterday from time of this post) that still had the black dot next to it. I didn't get to investigate as I only noticed it when I was manually closing Excel so I could apply my Patch Tuesday stuff, and I didn't want to lose my toolbar again by having Windows close Evernote for me.

When I selected Exit, Evernote sync'd all notes, including that one, so the black sync dot when away before Evernote Exited.

All of my sync boxes are checked in preferences and set to 5min intervals.

Any ideas?

Had a few that stick around past the 10 minute range, but I force synced so don't know if they would have been stuck or not. 

On 16.4.5 GA now, if that makes any difference.  Sidebar ribbon went gray again, All Notes icon is in the left ribbon again, dictionary got hosed, but toolbars made it through the journey. 

These guys show up on my desktop first time I add a word.  Created a ticket and performed the obligatory first step of sending the Activity Log.  I remember this a few releases back.  Interested if anyone else has the same experience with 6.14 GA, that and if they can drag text from one note to another, but I wander...

ScreenClip.png.26adaae3866002bd7a4fb88b2f30b696.png

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, CalS said:

Had a few that stick around past the 10 minute range, but I force synced so don't know if they would have been stuck or not. 

On 16.4.5 GA now, if that makes any difference.  Sidebar ribbon went gray again, All Notes icon is in the left ribbon again, dictionary got hosed, but toolbars made it through the journey. 

These guys show up on my desktop first time I add a word.  Created a ticket and performed the obligatory first step of sending the Activity Log.  I remember this a few releases back.  Interested if anyone else has the same experience with 6.14 GA, that and if they can drag text from one note to another, but I wander...

ScreenClip.png.26adaae3866002bd7a4fb88b2f30b696.png

Meh. Minor issues. You must have the new icon though. That should make up for your dictionary being destroyed.

I think I'll stick with my unsyncing 6.14b3 for a few more days. Or weeks.

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, CalS said:

In flying colors.  Hard to tell but the icons may be a mite bigger.

That's branding baby!

Designers talking about fonts is like me talking about engines at a car show.

A note of encouragement to EN developers and others--I've been using 6.14 beta 3 and it does seem to perform better on my laptop.  I'm now afraid to go to 6.14 GA, and 6.15 beta x.  But this is the first improvement I've seen in a long time.

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, eafpres said:

A note of encouragement to EN developers and others--I've been using 6.14 beta 3 and it does seem to perform better on my laptop.  I'm now afraid to go to 6.14 GA, and 6.15 beta x.  But this is the first improvement I've seen in a long time.

6.14 GA is as peppy a release as I have used.  YMMV.

1 hour ago, CalS said:

6.14 GA is as peppy a release as I have used.  YMMV.

1 hour ago, eafpres said:

Agree with CalS. Using 6.14 GA and seems fine. Full Notebook searches lag, but I guess that is a given.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, RgaDawg said:

Full Notebook searches lag, but I guess that is a given.

For whatever reason, full notebook searches are just fine for me, no matter the size of the notebook.  Results are there right after I finish typing.  ?‍♂️

Archived