Off-line notes never available when I need them :(

I've used Evernote for over 5 years. I used to love it ... but recently have noticed frustration (with IOS ) in that a notebook that is supposed to be available off-line ... well, it frequently is not!

I'm a pilot and clearly don't always have WiFi when at work.

How can I guarantee notes stored in ios will be available?

thank you in anticipation.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, stuarthw@me.com said:

How can I guarantee notes stored in ios will be available?

Hi.  We're a (mainly) user-supported forum - just users like you (although more usually ground-based). 

No way to 100% guarantee that of which I am aware...  Offline searchable notes 'should' be available like it says

Could it be you're running out of storage space on that device?  Can you give us a bit more information about the type of notes that are proving elusive offline - are they recently edited or created notes?  Old long-established ones?

If you have offline storage you are a subscriber like it says in your profile,  so you could boot this to Evernote Support to a get more technical view.  The Support team is available on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new, or https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if that link won't work for you.  Please let us know if you find an answer there.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, stuarthw@me.com said:

notebook that is supposed to be available off-line ... well, it frequently is not!

I just did a spotcheck and all my notes are available when offline.

The only problem I experienced was it took a long time to ccomplete the 10GB download; like a week.

• Level 5*

Per @DTLow, do a full sync to be sure everything is downloaded to your off line notebooks.  Best way I've found to do this is to turn off the screen saver when you go to bed and leave EN open.  Once everything is synced you should be okay going forward, if not completing the sync was the  issue.

Another method, which requires more thought and has some risk, is to create a notebook specifically for offline use and only put notes in it that you know you want offline.  Sync is easier but the risk of not having a note is increased.

I use the the method that @CalS mentions (notebook dedicated to Offline notes) and can attest to not having a note that I wish I had.

I am using it for offline reading on my Kindle-mostly web clips using the "Simplified Formatting".    Unfortunately, when synced with the Kindle the right and left margins get clipped 1-2 characters.    Notes look fine on other platforms.   I haven't had time to search Android forums or report a bug.

Archived