Intermittent gibberish in typed notes

In going back in some typed notes I was shocked to see some intermittent gibberish intermixed with clear notes. Here is an example:

...represents an employer involved in a NY Workers Comp case. He is trying Chyr(gfhddvfcchc fxxbxto locate the currencjt address of the claimant in the case. 

This was hand typed into Evernote about a year ago.

In the middle of coherent text some text has morphed into gibberish.

I use Evernote for work, BUT am not concerned about the stability of EverNote.

I am using Evernote on an iMac with OS 10.13.6. I use the application on my desktop and app on iPhone.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, GregMartinez PI said:

In going back in some typed notes I was shocked to see some intermittent gibberish intermixed with clear notes.

I don't know the gibberish cause but I lock down important documents.
Evernote doesn't have a read only feature but I can convert to pdf or word formats.

If you wat to follow up, you can subscribe to premium level (single month) and review the Note History backup to  identify the edit history.

Obviously, because I use Evernote for work, I can see where I might need direct tech support at times. Since I already use Office365 (which has OneNote), and if it comes with tech support (since it is paid service, I'm presuming they do), I will likely switch over to OneNote. 

I started using OneNote yesterday and much too my surprise I seem to like it better than EverNote.

I'm keeping EverNote for the past notes already there, BUT am now using OneNote for new notes. Am also slowly copying over important notes to OneNote.

Been happy with EverNote for years, BUT some scrambled notes is enough to reconsider.

Archived