in all notes: shortcut or setting to most recent note?

When I open Evernote in :all notes", the cursor goes to a note of several years ago. 

I know I can use the cursor to work my way up the list oh hundreds of notes, but is there a shortcut or setting that will take me to the most recent note?

I appreciate any help.

• Level 5*

On my Mac, clicking on the bar next to All Notes positions at the top of the list1174243335_ScreenShot2018-08-01at12_26_19.png.e5ffc1d05afa288e864084649bfa6530.png

Also, there's an option to display Recent Notes under the Shortcuts icon

• Level 5

Which interface are you using? (Web, Windows program, Mac, Android, etc.) In the Windows program, for me it always opens to the last note I was viewing. If you're using Windows and that's not happening, you could try (if you haven't done so already) exiting the program completely (File > Exit, not just the red X box, which only closes the interface), and restarting. That may clear out some memory error that is occurring. In any case, if you're in the Notes List, pressing the Home key will take you to the top of the list. You might also check your sort order: click the little box and arrow to the left of the Search bar, then "Sort notes by". All the preceding is for the Windows program.

I am in evernote windows.  I should have mentioned that. Unfortunately, your suggestions did not work.

I did figure out by trial and error that fn + pageup will at least move me up to the top of whatever notes show up in the long list of all notes, and so I am much more quickly able to repeat n +pageup get to the top of the created list.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply

• Level 5*

You need to set a sort order for your notes, as @Dave-in-Decatur says. In the Windows client, if you to see notes that have been updated recently at the top of your list, then sort by Updated, Reverse Sort Order. If you to see notes in order of most recently created, then sort by Created, Reverse Sort Order. I don't know of any way to view recently visited notes.

Archived